Where to buy fog light bulbs?

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums – General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy fog light bulbs?

Drives
    2012 500 Sport, Nero
    Thanks

Where to buy fog light bulbs?

Tried a search and couldn't find the answer I'm looking for, so hopefully someone can help me out. I installed the DDM 5000k HID kit last month and have been searching for fog light bulbs that match the color of the headlights. First I purchased a set of 4700k xenon bulbs that I had purchased previously for my RX8. They matched the factory HIDs on the RX8 but appeared no different than the factory fog light bulbs on the 500 when trying to match the DDM HIDs. Then I ordered a set of LED H11 bulbs, but the circumference was too big to fit in the fog light housing.

Madness has a set on their website with pics that show they match their HID kit, but they're $40 + shipping. That seems a bit expensive for a pair of bulbs. Are there any other options that will match the HIDs? Thanks for your help.
    2012 Sport, Nero, 5 speed. "Short-shot" intake, full black Abarth interior, Abarth steering wheel, Eibach Sportline springs with Abarth shocks & struts. Black 16" sport wheels, black door handles, trunk handle, emblems & front mustache. Blacked out front & rear side markers, fender lights & DRLs, 500T Smoked Head & Tail Lights, DDM Tuning 35w 5000k HIDs with slim ballasts & 3M Color Stable tint ( 35% front sides, 20% rear ), DYI rear wiper delete.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Drives
    2013 Grigio FIAT 500 Abarth
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,434 Posts
    One of our members have some really bright LED type fogs that might work but I am not 100% which member that is at the moment. They are square and have 4 diodes I believe so I am not sure if that might interest you or not.

Found the member!

Rigid LED Fog Lights, Viper Autostart, and more installed Finally.....

And pics of them at night (later in the same thread)

Maybe that works for you.

Drives
    2012 500 Sport, Nero
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    One of our members have some really bright LED type fogs that might work but I am not 100% which member that is at the moment. They are square and have 4 diodes I believe so I am not sure if that might interest you or not.

Found the member!

And pics of them at night (later in the same thread)

Maybe that works for you.
    Thanks Tweak, but those are actual fog light assemblies for about $190. I just need some hyper white or LED bulbs for the stock fogs that will match the HIDs
    2012 Sport, Nero, 5 speed. "Short-shot" intake, full black Abarth interior, Abarth steering wheel, Eibach Sportline springs with Abarth shocks & struts. Black 16" sport wheels, black door handles, trunk handle, emblems & front mustache. Blacked out front & rear side markers, fender lights & DRLs, 500T Smoked Head & Tail Lights, DDM Tuning 35w 5000k HIDs with slim ballasts & 3M Color Stable tint ( 35% front sides, 20% rear ), DYI rear wiper delete.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Drives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CSCS View Post
    Thanks Tweak, but those are actual fog light assemblies for about $190. I just need some hyper white or LED bulbs for the stock fogs that will match the HIDs
    Figured you might want only bulbs but as much as you've put into the ride I thought maybe those might be of interest to you.

PIAA bulbs have been mentioned before so maybe they would work, I think Fiat49 has some and maybe some pics so check into that, it was fogs or DRLs or maybe both I think he got.

Drives
    2013 Rosso Abarth
    Thanks
    nope, PIAA are no match with these DDM 5K HID... I just keep them off for now, when the weather is warmer, I will install the 2500K ION bulb into the fog.

Drives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pk9394 View Post
    nope, PIAA are no match with these DDM 5K HID... I just keep them off for now, when the weather is warmer, I will install the 2500K ION bulb into the fog.
    Figured someone else had made mods and tested and knew what they'd look like. I recalled them being mentioned but wasn't certain how well (or not so well) they might workout.

Drives
    2012 500 Sport, Nero
    Thanks
    I broke down and ordered the pure white bulbs from Madness. I just like the look of the car with both the headlights & fog lights on.

Drives
    2012 Fiat 500 Abarth Black
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CSCS View Post
    I broke down and ordered the pure white bulbs from Madness. I just like the look of the car with both the headlights & fog lights on.
    I ordered the pure white bulbs from Madness as well. Just received them. They were not advertised as 8000K on their site, only as pure white. Now that i have them, i see that they are actually 8000K lights. I don't have them installed yet. I'm hoping they don't have any blue colour as normally anything 6000K and higher usually does. I have 5000K headlights and was hoping for a colour match to those. Please tell me they're not blue. :-/
    Nero Abarth with black 17 wheels, Magneti Marelli tuner/pedal/remote, Craven short shifter, Madness black CAI, Madness coilovers.

Super Moderator
    Drives
    Black-on-Black Abarth
    Thanks
    If I'm wrong, I'll retract this:

2,300k or 2,700k is yellow and would be awesome for fog light application
    5,300k is pure white
    6,000k begins an essence of blue
    7,000k is blue
    9,000k is purple

I run 5,300k as headlight on my motorcycle; 7,000k as low-mounted running lights on motorcycle; 6,000k as headlight on the Fiat.
    Last edited by Brian Heath; 03-23-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Drives
    Thanks
    As Brian stated it sounds like you'll end up with blue or purple looking as that temp does tend to result in one of those two colors, not so much as pure white. Hope it works out for you.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast