Fiat 500 Forum banner

Need help with removing Dualogic Gear Knob

8K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  500normal 
#1 ·
Hi

I'm having trouble figuring out how to remove my Dualogic Gear Knob.
One like this --->

My girlfriend gave me a ball shaped knob for my birthday. I really wanna put it on.

All I can find is how to remove the manual shift knob.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I know with previous Chrysler/Dodge cars you have to use a flat blade and push the lower trim ring on the bottom of the shift knob down. That exposes the mounting allen screws. Not sure if the Fiat follows that or not.

#3 ·
Mr Pickles is probably on the right track. the lower ring needs to be separated from the upper part of the knob. once that's done, there will either be a set-screw OR 4 tabs that were drawn together by the ring. if there are only the tabs, then the knob would simply lift off. it might be tough, but on my Chrysler product, the knob is just pushed down onto the shifter and the ring is then pulled up and snapped into place. it squeezes the tabs together to keep the knob from coming off.

pls let us know if this works. while your shifter is different from those here in the States, we would still like to know how the knob comes off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.