Fiat 600
  1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums – General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiat 600

Drives
    Fiat500 Sport 2012 Verde Oliva
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,895 Times in 1,541 Posts
    I really hope Fiat brings this 600 to market. It will compete with the new upcoming VW micro bus.

Drives
    Thanks
    There bringing vw bus back! I thought it was just a rumor.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,895 Times in 1,541 Posts

Drives
    Abarth/2015/Black
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat420 View Post
    If you could provide a link that would be great. I've been waiting years for VW to reintroduce it since my 2003 is getting a bit old.

This is a VW Bus (It's a T6 California). Any of those electric concepts are not.

Drives
    Abarth/2015/Black
    Thanks
    As for the new 500 this is what I'd do:
    1. Extend the wheelbase by 10" (give the rear seat more legroom)
    2. Extend the rear overhang by 10" (give the rear hatch more room)
    3. Overall car is 20" longer which makes it the length of a Fit or CRZ.
    4. Change the horrible rear suspension geometry and spring placement. Use the same design rear axle but stand up the rear shocks, put coilovers on it and flip them upside down. This gives you the most room and not making the car a compromise. Plus, you don't have the spring in a separate area which causes those cheap rear axles to bend. FYI: The term coilover is a spring that is around the shock (i.e. like every McPherson strut. The aftermarket uses the word "coilover" to mean adjustable spring perches and some adjusters on your springs that are separate from the shock, thus wrong terminology. It's like calling a dog a cat. Both pretty much do the same thing but are not the same).
    5. Change the front suspension and get rid of those 40 year old crash bolts. Get with the program and make the shock slip fit into the kingpin and use one single pinch bolt. Alignment is held way better and it's a more robust attachment. There's a reason why most other car companies went that way. It's a superior design.
    6. Change the rear seat design where the lower cushions hinge on the front. Thus, you can fold them forward to the front seat. Then have the seatback hinge like it does but where you get a flat rear trunk space when everything is folded down. A flat, bigger storage area wins over many people and you need to teach the sales people how to operate it. Plus, the press will love you for it.
    7. Put in a 6 speed double clutch transmission with paddleshift. Pretty much like what I have in my Alltrack. I can drive it like I'm a big fat lazy American or I can drive it like I'm a lean German enthusiast by either using the shifter or those paddleshifters (honestly, it's really nice). Add launch control also (trust me that's is an awesome thing to have).
    8. Offer a 6 speed manual for the 3% that will scream for them and then the press will love you. Put autoblip on downshifts (like a Mini does). Then you'll feel like a real driver.
    9. Three trim levels for the 500. All with a 1.4l DI, Turbo 130hp motor. For the Abarth, 200hp 1.8l DI Turbo motor. Then a top of the line that bumps the power to 220, 4 piston calipers, better seats and more doodads on the body.
    10. Redesign the dash and actually offer a regular media center that is upgradeable (easy $$$ for dealers) and Apple Carplay/Android Car Play on every car. Forget the CD player, this is not 1999.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
    As for the new 500 this is what I'd do:
    1. Extend the wheelbase by 10" (give the rear seat more legroom)
    2. Extend the rear overhang by 10" (give the rear hatch more room)
    3. Overall car is 20" longer which makes it the length of a Fit or CRZ.
    4. Change the horrible rear suspension geometry and spring placement. Use the same design rear axle but stand up the rear shocks, put coilovers on it and flip them upside down. This gives you the most room and not making the car a compromise. Plus, you don't have the spring in a separate area which causes those cheap rear axles to bend. FYI: The term coilover is a spring that is around the shock (i.e. like every McPherson strut. The aftermarket uses the word "coilover" to mean adjustable spring perches and some adjusters on your springs that are separate from the shock, thus wrong terminology. It's like calling a dog a cat. Both pretty much do the same thing but are not the same).
    5. Change the front suspension and get rid of those 40 year old crash bolts. Get with the program and make the shock slip fit into the kingpin and use one single pinch bolt. Alignment is held way better and it's a more robust attachment. There's a reason why most other car companies went that way. It's a superior design.
    6. Change the rear seat design where the lower cushions hinge on the front. Thus, you can fold them forward to the front seat. Then have the seatback hinge like it does but where you get a flat rear trunk space when everything is folded down. A flat, bigger storage area wins over many people and you need to teach the sales people how to operate it. Plus, the press will love you for it.
    7. Put in a 6 speed double clutch transmission with paddleshift. Pretty much like what I have in my Alltrack. I can drive it like I'm a big fat lazy American or I can drive it like I'm a lean German enthusiast by either using the shifter or those paddleshifters (honestly, it's really nice). Add launch control also (trust me that's is an awesome thing to have).
    8. Offer a 6 speed manual for the 3% that will scream for them and then the press will love you. Put autoblip on downshifts (like a Mini does). Then you'll feel like a real driver.
    9. Three trim levels for the 500. All with a 1.4l DI, Turbo 130hp motor. For the Abarth, 200hp 1.8l DI Turbo motor. Then a top of the line that bumps the power to 220, 4 piston calipers, better seats and more doodads on the body.
    10. Redesign the dash and actually offer a regular media center that is upgradeable (easy $$$ for dealers) and Apple Carplay/Android Car Play on every car. Forget the CD player, this is not 1999.
    I have other ideas. Keep the foot print, it's already too bloody big for what it is. Absolutely economize the package inside so to increase the interior volume (thinner and simpler interior door panels, reshaped dash, chairs, pillar covers, everything down to minimum). Fit lighter, smaller engine (there's twinair already out there, if anything, that engine is compact). Cut out the stuff that is not essential, make them optional why don't they. Use lightweight, but fairly inexpensive components (like the new recycled CFP, cast/pressed aluminium suspension bits, etc.) to keep the weight down to less than 1000kg. Absolutely keep 3-pedal. Please man, whatever whatever, don't make it bigger for crying out loud, if possible, make it smaller, there are enough gigantic 'small' cars out there already, we don't need another one.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J.B. For This Useful Post:

bggale (01-12-2017),Tedolph (01-11-2017)

Drives
    2012 500 Pop, Grigio
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smark View Post
    Nice very nice.

Nice headlights.

TEdolph

Drives
    Thanks
    https://youtu.be/s5VQY5iSxWM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat420 View Post
    If you could provide a link that would be great. I've been waiting years for VW to reintroduce it since my 2003 is getting a bit old.

This is a VW Bus (It's a T6 California). Any of those electric concepts are not.

Drives
    Abarth/2015/Black
    Thanks
    You link was broken. I fixed it for ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN-h6Cv6RII

13. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast