WTB: Aftermarket shift knob

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums – General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB: Aftermarket shift knob

Drives
    Abarth (Bianco)
    Thanks

WTB: Aftermarket shift knob

I'm in the market for an aftermarket shift knob. My OEM Abarth knob is worn, old and I don't like the feel. I need something new.

Anyone have an aftermarket knob they'd be willing to sell or recommend one from an online retailer that is affordable?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks
    I got a heavy almost 2lb regular threading ball shift knob, put jb weld or quick-steel putty in the hole, then drop a screw the same thread pitch as the shifter leaver. Use a toothpick to make sure the screw is straight up and down as possible and there ya have it, an aftermarket shift knob for $26

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taytayfunky For This Useful Post:

J.B. (06-15-2017),PaulPerger (06-16-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taytayfunky View Post
    I got a heavy almost 2lb regular threading ball shift knob, put jb weld or quick-steel putty in the hole, then drop a screw the same thread pitch as the shifter leaver. Use a toothpick to make sure the screw is straight up and down as possible and there ya have it, an aftermarket shift knob for $26
    You know, that is really smart. I never even thought of it.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Drives
    500 Sport / 2015 / Red
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taytayfunky View Post
    You know, that is really smart. I never even thought of it.
    I agree... Brilliant!! I may have to give this a try! That said I have a Shift knob that I would be willing to part with. I thought with the Black brand being made specifically for the Fiat 500 the Red color would match... It doesn't. I have tried to ignore it, but I can't. It bugs me. Madness sells for $90, I'll go $70 shipped if you're interested. Can't see it in the picture, but it is a silver chrome base.

Last edited by PaulPerger; 06-16-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks
    I generally switch between 3

I got that one because color scheme, but like it the least.

Put some quick steel putty down on the bottom, jam the screw in there, then i make a little snake of quick steel and wrap it arount the screw. Use the toothpick to mash it down trying to cover the whole head, then center it. Dry for 45 minutes

Thanks
    I should say that some knobs you will have to watch how deep the hole is or the knob could interfere with your reverse lockout. If its a ball you should have no problems, but my long gold one i have put pressure on the reverse lockout thing. I just got rid of it, hated it anyways.

Also dont mind my unconnected boot, im in the process of making one myself out of a crown royal bag
    Last edited by Taytayfunky; 06-17-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Drives
    Abarth (Bianco)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulPerger View Post
    I agree... Brilliant!! I may have to give this a try! That said I have a Shift knob that I would be willing to part with. I thought with the Black brand being made specifically for the Fiat 500 the Red color would match... It doesn't. I have tried to ignore it, but I can't. It bugs me. Madness sells for $90, I'll go $70 shipped if you're interested. Can't see it in the picture, but it is a silver chrome base.

I may be interested despite the red going against my black/charcoal/yellow color theme. Let me think it over. Thanks.

Drives
    2013 Grigio FIAT 500 Abarth
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,859 Times in 2,443 Posts
    Not selling but suggestion is for my favorite which I got sent from Italy via ebay for $102 bucks... Black brand shift knob and a $15 ebay boot with red stitching to match the rest of the car (what were you thinking going all black Fiat???).

Drives
    Abarth (Bianco)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    Not selling but suggestion is for my favorite which I got sent from Italy via ebay for $102 bucks... Black brand shift knob and a $15 ebay boot with red stitching to match the rest of the car (what were you thinking going all black Fiat???).
    Thanks for the suggestion Tweak. I love that shift knob but my spending is on a tight budget right now (my boss...errrr wife is closely watching the parts spending).

13. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread