Leather or Cloth seats... - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leather or Cloth seats...

Drives
    Abarth/2012/Grigio (ordered)
    Thanks
    Isn't this supposed to be a thread about Abarth seats? If not, shouldn't it be moved to the main forum?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CLXXV View Post
    Isn't this supposed to be a thread about Abarth seats? If not, shouldn't it be moved to the main forum?
    That's what I intended. But I guess it's my fault for not specifying that...? Anyway, it was supposed to be about your Abarth seats.

Drives
    next: 2012 ABARTH 500
    Thanks
    For us, it'll be a Bianco Abarth with Black Leather.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonian22 View Post
    Although I would like the feel and smell of the leather seats, I'm going with the cloth due to the continuity of the vertical red stripe down the seats on both the front and the rear seats, which flows very well with the red/black theme of the Abarth. The front and rear seats on the leather don't seem to match-up as well (red front, black rear). It would be nice, if the rear seats on the red leather were black with red leather accents, and not totally black with red stitching. It also would have been nice to have the red stripe on the black leather continue to the rear seats like the cloth seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by NHFiat500 View Post
    Fabric. Fabric is cool during the summer and warm during the winter. My sport seats have sort of the best of both worlds. Little leather (pleather) and a little fabric. The important part of the seat where my butt lands is fabric.

Leather is offensivly skin burning hot during the summer months and if your wearing shorts good luck sitting on it. Hot is hot and tint does not help. Winter months you freeze especialy if you don't have heated seats, not avaliable in the sport btw.

Leather accenting okay. Full leather seats bad. Infact I'm looking into neopreme seat covers for more breathability, comfort, and are easy to clean.
    All of those above. I will be getting cloth.

Drives
    2012 white Abarth
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
    Health reasons. I have a rare and painful medical condition that makes it almost impossible for me to drive wearing pants. Leather certainly gets hot in the summer time but after a few minutes that goes away. The initial burn is far better than the cloth seats giving me severe irritation with no relief.

Don't worry. I have dark tinted windows.
    Has anyone ever asked who the bald headed midget sitting on your lap is???

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Cloth for reasons of cost, maintenance, and grip.

Drives
    2013 Grigio FIAT 500 Abarth
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,913 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NHFiat500 View Post
    Fabric. Fabric is cool during the summer and warm during the winter. My sport seats have sort of the best of both worlds. Little leather (pleather) and a little fabric. The important part of the seat where my butt lands is fabric. Leather is offensivly skin burning hot during the summer months and if your wearing shorts good luck sitting on it. Hot is hot and tint does not help. Winter months you freeze especialy if you don't have heated seats, not avaliable in the sport btw. Leather accenting okay. Full leather seats bad. Infact I'm looking into neopreme seat covers for more breathability, comfort, and are easy to clean.
    You are saying heated seats are not an option for the Sport? I have the part leather part cloth with heated seats in my Sport...maybe I misunderstood you. It truly does seem to me to be the "best of both worlds".

Less than 2 hours from "Tail of the Dragon"...I know better roads...
    Thanks
    Bianco w/Red leather .... because I love the feel & smell....and because I can.

Cheers
    "Careful Icarus, the Abarth Abides...."

Thanks
    Agree on cost and maintenance good with cloth. But the cloth they put in the standard 500 is as slick as ice! I lost a couple items that flew off the seat but they always end up found in the door pocket.
    Last edited by andyandrews; 03-11-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Drives
    2012 Black Abarth
    Thanks
    I chose Nero/Rosso leather after seeing the quality of the leather seats in one of the other 500 models in the studio. I really like the quality and the look. I feel is adds a bit more "luxury" to the interior. Now I just can't wait to get the car. :-)

12. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements