Abarth with 16 inch rims - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums – General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abarth with 16 inch rims

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiat49 View Post
    is it really $1000 more. in that case I would take the 16's and use them for winter wheels as someone else suggested and for 1000 you could
    buy the rim you really like for summer stickies.
    The 16's come with all season tires, I don't think $1000 is bad for forged performance rims with Pirelli P-Zero Performance tires. The P-Zero's alone on Tire Rack list for over $600 for a set.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Drives
    Nero Abarth
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiat49 View Post
    is it really $1000 more. in that case I would take the 16's and use them for winter wheels as someone else suggested and for 1000 you could
    buy the rim you really like for summer stickies.

Sent from my Argento 500
    Thats exactly what I decided. I put the 1000 towards the wheels I really wanted. And since we don't have winter, I will be selling my stock 16's.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
    It's here! My Nero Abarth, Nero Leather, Red stripes and mirror caps, Red OZ 17" Alleggerita wheels, H&R springs. 35% Tint.

Drives
    2012 Argento Fiat 500 Sport
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrero1911 View Post
    Thats exactly what I decided. I put the 1000 towards the wheels I really wanted. And since we don't have winter, I will be selling my stock 16's.

Hit me up when the time comes maybe they would look good on my sport

Fiat 500 Argento Sport
    Join Team Scuderia Roadrace!

https://www.scuderiaroadrace.com

Thanks
    After market, really good 17" wheels and good tires. Are a lot more then 1000 bucks. You can buy really cheap stuff, out there

Drives
    Nero Abarth
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smark View Post
    After market, really good 17" wheels and good tires. Are a lot more then 1000 bucks. You can buy really cheap stuff, out there
    Yes they are more than 1000, but if you order 16's you are saving more than 1000 towards the 17's. You'll end up with either an extra set for winter or cash to put towards the new wheels. That said, I still don't anticipate coming out ahead.

It's here! My Nero Abarth, Nero Leather, Red stripes and mirror caps, Red OZ 17" Alleggerita wheels, H&R springs. 35% Tint.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smark View Post
    You're also stuck with the color, width, and tire that Fiat has deemed to be good. I'd prefer to do my own shopping, even with my option being more than what the studio would charge me. Not to mention weight, which is so important on such a small, lightweight, underpowered car. I've never seen it mentioned, but I'm assuming the stock 17" rims are quite piggy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    You're also stuck with the color, width, and tire that Fiat has deemed to be good. I'd prefer to do my own shopping, even with my option being more than what the studio would charge me. Not to mention weight, which is so important on such a small, lightweight, underpowered car. I've never seen it mentioned, but I'm assuming the stock 17" rims are quite piggy.
    Obviously if you don't like the rim and tire you're not just going to opt for the upgrade and you'll get what you want based on your budget. The point here is that the $1000 deal for the 17" rims is a pretty good deal. If you like that rim you're better off with the upgrade as you won't get a rim and tire combo like that for even close to the same money.

Personally I would rather have the Michelin Pilots but I'm sure the P-Zero's were used for performance since they have a deal with Pirelli given all the Ferarri's use them. The upgraded rim is heavy at just over 18lbs.

Drives
    2013 Po'barth
    Thanks
    Someone needs to weigh those 16" abarth forged alloys. Since they are forged, and have somewhat thin spokes, they might be quite light.
    2013 Rosso 500T - Pedal Box / Short Shot Intake / Modified Springs / Small Wheel Center Caps / Lightweight Battery

Drives
    Nero Abarth
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker View Post
    Someone needs to weigh those 16" abarth forged alloys. Since they are forged, and have somewhat thin spokes, they might be quite light.
    I promise that I'll weigh mine (at the post office) when I take them off the car. I'll also accurately weigh my OZ wheels (bathroom scale says 35lbs each)

Drives
    2012 white Abarth
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker View Post
    I believe I saw the weights for the Abarth rims posted somewhere, I'm not sure where. The 16's were about 1/2 pound lighter than the 17's. I think the weight for the 16 inch was 17.3 pounds. I was surprised, for the 17 inch wheel 17.8 lb. is really not that bad. My memory is a little hazy on this, it could have been 1 lb less than I listed, 16.3 lb (16in.) and 16.8 (17in.).Tyre weight is another matter.
    The memory is the second thing to go when you get old....
    The weight numbers almost got me to order the 17's. The 17 in. sidewall being a 40 series still puts me off. It's to easy to damage a rim with a 40 series tyre. That and I think the 16 will ride just a little better with the stiffer springs on the Abarth. 40 percent stiffer on the Abarth is quite a bit.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements