Fiat 500 Forum banner

Blue & Me vs. iOS 8

27K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Greg Elmassian 
#1 ·
Since upgrading to a new iPhone with iOS 8, my Blue & Me has been unoperational. Anyone else have issues? I've searched online but can't find much information about this.

Thanks!

2014 Abarth, 5600 miles

#10 ·
I'm having the same problem. Just took delivery of my Abarth on the 11th of October. Paired my iPhone 5 (iOS 8.0.2), phone will ring but when I go to answer it by hitting the MENU, the message IGNORE comes up. The sales guy and I kept trying and no luck. He is going to investigate further but suffice it to say, we're both stumped.

#11 ·
You can reload the Blue&Me firmware to make sure you have the latest version.

I went to the Blue&Me website (http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/i...port/download/) which I think is set up for the Euro market. From there I clicked on "How to download the updates" reviewed the instructions (note- you need a USB memory stick to download the update, which will plug into the car), click on START NOW, then DOWNLOAD FILE in Part 1. I extracted the zipped files to the memory stick, plugged it into the car and turned the ignition on. I got a confirmation message, shut the car off, removed the stick and turned it back on and everything (for the moment) seems to be working okay.

(There is a Part 2 to the process, but I think that's just for subsequent updates if you save the memory stick.)

#13 ·
Who knows? But you can make sure you have the latest firmware. When I first got the car Blue&Me worked great, then my phone glass broke and it was replaced under my service plan with another one of the same model. I had synching problems but after I reloaded the firmware it's worked well.

#19 ·
Well the Blue&Me update didn't work nor did the iPhone update to 8.1. Went to the dealership so I could demonstrate the problem. He tried calling me with his phone to my iPhone, I hit the "Main" button I get the message "Call Ignored". We paired his phone (an Android) to my Abarth and I tried calling his - hit the "Main" button and again get "Call Ignored". So I don't think it's an iPhone issue. So i've got an appt on Halloween to have them take it in to see if they can find the solution. Just really weird.

#21 ·
So I have a similar problem. 2015 Abarth and iOS 8.1. I did some investigating and tried a few things I found on the board. When the dealership first synced my car and iPhone 5s, the phonebook worked and the steering controls worked but I had no bluetooth audio streaming. I cleared all user data in settings, then removed fuse 5 and fuse 10 under the driver dash. After replacing the fuses I re-paired the iPhone. Now I have bluetooth streaming but I don't have the phonebook working any longer - go figure. The car asks if I want to download the phonebook and tells me it is finished, but when I try to push the steering buttons I get nothing. I can still make and receive calls over the system manually, just not from the stored phonebook or steering wheel controls.

One step forward, two steps back. I will try to work on this a bit more. I have seen the phonebook work! Now that I have bluetooth I just need both!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.