Neuspeed Short Shift Kit.
NEWS

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Neuspeed Short Shift Kit.

Drives
    2013 Rosso Abarth
    Thanks

Neuspeed Short Shift Kit.

I had to be the first on my block to get one of these. I have a Street Unit Short Shift Plate in my Speed 3 so I thought this would offer the same results. It does and I am very happy with the modification. I wont get into the instillation because Neuspeed includes 2 pages of instructions with color pics. The instructions are also available on their web site. I have included some pics below so you get a better idea of how this attaches and how it is made.

The quality is very good. It is machined from chrome molly steel. As you can see by the pics the machine work is very nice for a piece you won't see once the instillation is complete. They definitely went the extra mile with this piece.

IMHO the Abarth and the 500 have too much play in the shifter. This piece not only shortens the throw, but gives a much more solid feel to the shift. A more "positive stop " at the end of the shift, if that makes sense. It also acts as a counter weight.

I went this direction vs the short shifter for 2 reasons, 1. the short shifter appears to be just that, short. It seems to put the shifter a little bit out of reach and seems to sit low in the shift boot. 2. The cost. Neuspeed is getting 120.00 for this SS Kit vs 240.00 for a short shifter.

The shifts are as advertised, about 25% shorter and very tight. As with this type of short shift kit it is a trade off. You give up some of the leverage of the long throw for, more effort shifting from gear to gear with the shorter throw.

I feel this was worth the money and would recommend it for any one that feels the Abarth shifter could be improved over stock, plus it is made in the U S.

2013 Rosso Abarth, Sprint Booster, Short Ram Intake, Modern Performance Throttle Body, Forge Waist Gate Actuator, Forge Blow Off Valve, ATP Down Pipe, Modern Performance Underdrive Pulley, Unihip self tune, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Stainless Steel Straight Through Muffler, Neuspeed Short Shift Adapter, 3-M Tint.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to F 500 Sport For This Useful Post:

500spot (03-05-2013),Brutto (03-04-2013),hownowcb (03-13-2013),Identity Crisis (03-27-2013),redred (03-04-2013),scorpion_king (03-04-2013),Spacepod (03-28-2013),whatebahw (03-04-2013)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Drives
    2013 Grigio FIAT 500 Abarth
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,869 Posts
    Nice, wondered what people would think of this offering and who might get one. I wouldn't mind a slightly firmer feel, or maybe a higher quality feel with a more defined pattern would better describe it but I don't care for a shortened throw personally as I like that I can so easily rest my arm on the armrest and with three fingers push the shifter around if desired. I don't care much for the sloppy feel of the stock shifter sometimes but most of the time it doesn't bother me because I am having enough fun to over shadow it enough.

Drives
    2012 Rosso Abarth
    Thanks
    I wonder if installed on a short shifter would it work? Then it would be a super short shifter. You could look at it and it would shift.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lowcountryabarth For This Useful Post:

jefff1 (03-04-2013)

Drives
    sport/2012/bianco white
    Thanks
    Nice. Didn't know neuspeed made stuff for fiat now :-) Used to drive to Santa Clara for stuff for my gti all the time. Thanks for the post.

Drives
    2012 Abarth
    Thanks
    That's fantastic!!! I've been waiting for a review of this before I pulled the trigger. I like the stock height, so shorter shifts vs. a shorter shifter works best for me.

Thanks for the review!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    ~Stacey
    2012 Fiat 500 Abarth ~ Grigio
    www.facebook.com/socalabarthclub

Drives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genequit View Post
    Nice. Didn't know neuspeed made stuff for fiat now :-) Used to drive to Santa Clara for stuff for my gti all the time. Thanks for the post.
    They actually have several items now for the 500, not being allowed to post links to non vendors obviously makes it harder for people to learn of them but it is happening slowly as several 500s now have products from them.

Drives
    2013 Rosso Abarth
    Thanks
    So how is this different from the Craven short shifter?

Drives
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbmeister View Post
    Cheaper, easier and faster to install, and adapter rather than an entire assembly replacement.

This

compared to that which is pictured above. Seems a cheaper way to get a similar feel of a lessened throw (25% according to Neuspeed)

"Neu-F Short Shift Adapter reduces 25% of shift travel, which is about maximum before the ball linkage starts contacting and damaging the center console."

The Neuspeed unit attaches to the small ball on the end of the unit (the lower one, not the one that is sticking up)
    Last edited by Tweak; 03-04-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Drives
    2012 Fiat 500 Abarth in Bianco
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbmeister View Post
    $180 less expensive is the difference. i am sold
    Bianco Abarth, 17' hyper black wheels, red stripe & mirror cap, Fully loaded... UPDATE: 20 long weeks and FINALLY IN MY DRIVEWAY !!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    this is exactly what I was waiting for. I like the position of my Abarth shifter but like you said it could stand to be a bit more solid. The price is right too! thanks for posting this

14. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements