Elated, but terrified of decapitation

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums – General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elated, but terrified of decapitation

Thanks

Talking Elated, but terrified of decapitation

Hi! Just bought our little 500 and we're SO EXCITED! One hitch - as the driver, the seat belt is gouging my neck horribly. Do those cute little FIAT belt covers work? What about the clips they have available online? THANKS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Drives
    2013 Grigio FIAT 500 Abarth
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,856 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!

Padded covers help with cushioning and there is another clip like thing but I have used but it won't work with our cars. (They work with the older style post type belt mounts only).

This is an image of the seat belt clip that might be helpful but I have never tried one of this type.

(Linking rather than embedding image since it is a pretty big image) http://www.seatbeltmasters.com/media..._by_driver.jpg

Here are a few possible options that might be useful to you. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008JYXYNY

Another slightly cheaper option as well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004HMBK5G

And one last possible option. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KA3MSII

Hopefully something here is helpful.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tweak For This Useful Post:

bryanintowson (02-17-2017),Gomez_the_500 (02-19-2017)

Drives
    2012 500 Pop, Grigio
    Thanks
    The shoulder pads do not work on the front seat belts. If you put them on, the belts will not fully retract when you get out of the car.

They do look nice in the back though!

Tedoplph

6. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,952 Times in 1,587 Posts
    Get some of these shoulder pads. Use them on 2 of our cars. Madness carries them. You can search the Internet to for them.

http://shop.500madness.com/index.php...th=143_149_377

8. The Following User Says Thank You to smark For This Useful Post:

Gomez_the_500 (02-19-2017)

Drives
    2012 500 Pop, Grigio
    Thanks
    Except if you use them in the front, the seat belts can not fully retract and when you exit the car and close the door, the metal seat belt tongue gets caught in the door.

tedolph

Drives
    2015 Abarth C Nero Auto
    Thanks
    Here's three words you rarely see in print on this board "Tedolph is right". Due to my heart disease I have an ICD. On most cars the seat belt is very uncomfortable unless I have one of these pads on the belt. That holds true for my Audi TT, the smart Fortwo and my Rialta (VW Eurovan based motorhome). Use of the pads on the seat belts on these vehicles interferes with the retract system so I need to be careful that the belt doesn't get caught in the door jam. Interesting enough the belt on my Abarth C doesn't cause any problems with my ICD therefore I don't use one on that car.

Drives
    2012 500 Pop, Grigio
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DowneasTTer View Post
    Here's three words you rarely see in print on this board "Tedolph is right". Due to my heart disease I have an ICD. On most cars the seat belt is very uncomfortable unless I have one of these pads on the belt. That holds true for my Audi TT, the smart Fortwo and my Rialta (VW Eurovan based motorhome). Use of the pads on the seat belts on these vehicles interferes with the retract system so I need to be careful that the belt doesn't get caught in the door jam. Interesting enough the belt on my Abarth C doesn't cause any problems with my ICD therefore I don't use one on that car.

Hurts, doesn't it?

Tedolph

Drives
    Sport/2016/Verde Chiaro
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedolph View Post
    Hurts, doesn't it?

Tedolph

Undoubtedly!

I have belt pads on my FIAT and have had them on all 4. My belt just slides through and retracts most of the way when I exit the car. The metal 'tongue' doesn't catch in the door. You do have to adjust it each you time you put the belt on, though.
    Max
    2012 Rosso Sport (5M)
    2013 Grigio Abarth (5M)
    2011 Perla Bianco Pop (6A)
    Currently:
    2016 Verde Chiaro Sport (6A)
    Auto Climate Control
    Uconnect Entertainment System with Sirius Radio
    And...
    2016.5 CX5 Grand Touring (6A)

Drives
    2013 Grigio FIAT 500 Abarth
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,856 Times in 2,441 Posts
    If the pad is placed loosely it poses no issue but you of course have to adjust it each time (which to me is a non issue).

14. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread