Uconnect 6.5 w/Beats audio
NEWS

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums – General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uconnect 6.5 w/Beats audio

Drives
    2014 500L Easy Bianco
    Thanks

Uconnect 6.5 w/Beats audio

Has anyone got an L with the uconnect 6.5 with beats that has speed adjusted volume and loudness contour on the audio settings menu? Mine only has balance/fader and equalizer. The Fiat website and the printed uconnect manual say those settings should be there. Everything else: navigation SXM etc. works fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Drives
    2013 Abarth Cabrio Black
    Thanks
    This came up in the middle of another thread a few weeks ago and we all thought it was stupid that the top of the line radio does not have features that even the base regular 500 Pop has in terms of speed controlled volume. I had some issues with mine and Bluetooth. I called Fiat and they confirmed that this feature was left or taken out of the beats enabled units. The regular 6.5, which is what our manual is written for as beats does not change the other operations, does have the options. Stupid, yes I know. It goes along with the same logic that in the 500L Lounge model (I have a Lounge) the 110 volt outlet is not an option. The logic used in the packaging of auto features makes you sometimes.

Hint don't put your phone in the cup holder while using bluetooth. There is something down there that interferes with the connection and drops the bluetooth every few minutes.
    Butt-dyno calibrated by FIAT 500 Abarth Cabrio

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jabird101 For This Useful Post:

wolfeman (08-18-2013)

Drives
    2014 500L Easy Bianco
    Thanks
    That was me. In the mean time I checked an L with 6.5 Uconnect without Beats audio on the dealers lot and it did not have the settings either. They had one unit with the smaller screen which had the settings. The dealer has some Trekkings in transit. I will check those and post an update.
    Last edited by wolfeman; 08-18-2013 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Text addition

Thanks
    I have a Trekking with BEATS and I have the same settings you have. No loudness contour.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to n00dle For This Useful Post:

wolfeman (08-19-2013)

Thanks

Ditto on the missing settings

Hey, add my 500L Easy with the 6.5 Uconnect to the list of vehicles that do not have the settings listed in the manual. It is really annoying to me that the Radio pops on when you turn on your vehicle. I have a variety of people riding with me and I don't always appreciate them getting a glimpse of my preference in music. So I feel the loss of that missing feature on my uconnect settings. So far, I can't figure out how to turn the radio off without turning off the navigation screen so I just have to mute the radio which seems weird. So every time I turn on the navigation the radio pops on and has to be manually muted. I wish it was separate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to yveivy For This Useful Post:

wolfeman (08-19-2013)

Drives
    2014 500L Easy Bianco
    Thanks
    If you check the Fiat website you will see that these settings are listed as features on the Uconnect 6.5 system. I think we should expect a software update that will add these features. It has something to do with omissions in the initial delivery program loaded when the vehicles are taken out of the shipping mode. This is why I keep checking new L's that come in to see if they have those features. I'm retired so I have time to do that. I will update you all if I learn anything.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfeman For This Useful Post:

bende95118 (08-19-2013),n00dle (08-19-2013)

Drives
    2013 Abarth Cabrio Black
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman View Post
    I'm retired so I have time to do that. I will update you all if I learn anything.
    I assume that this was not your plan when you retired...
    Butt-dyno calibrated by FIAT 500 Abarth Cabrio

Drives
    2014 500L Easy Bianco
    Thanks
    No, but being a left brained person, I rather enjoy the investigation and hopefully help all of us in the process.

Thanks
    My trekking does not have beats. It also does not have speed adjusted volume. It is also missing other soft button features that are listed in the uconnect manual.

15. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements