Fiat 500 Forum banner

My Latest adventure at my studio

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Tweak 
#1 ·
My Review Of Peel Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM: Just bought a brand new 2014 Fiat 500L from Peel Fiat. Love the car! and the sales staff (Dominic and the others I spoke to) were FANTASTIC! However the finishing prior to delivery was beyond poor. Glue from tape was left all over the vehicle including above the front windshield, side doors and where they tried to remove it (looks like with a shop towel) has several surface scratches. Inside windows where not cleaned and had several hand prints on them. Scuffs on the door panels from someone's boots were not removed (even though I pointed it out to Dominic the day before). Along with other things I pointed out a plastic bag attached to the bottom of the vehicle I had noticed the day before, and asked them to remove as it was melting on the exhaust and making a terrible burning smell. My other and I took the vehicle home and had to clean under the hood as best as we could at 10pm so I could at least show the vehicle off the next morning. There is also a nifty little rattle in the back tail gate. To top it all off, driving into work today the tire pressure sensor went off with 225km on the car. My question, what exactly was done on the PDI that I paid for?

So the long and short ... Sales Staff AMAZING! Detailing Staff, extremely poor.. (Tip for them, when sales staff says they have a picky customer, put a little effort into it.)

A few days after purchasing my "NEW" Fiat 500L I had to take it back to the Dealer to finally have the Tape removed. After being asked if I really needed my "NEW" vehicle (of course I need my NEW vehicle, That's why I bought it after all) My vehicle was returned to me with scrapes down to the metal! are you kidding me? Spoke to Russ who was taking care of me after my first review, he has been a pleasure to deal with. Arranged to bring my Vehicle in Today (Wednesday Aug 20) (Made arrangements 3 days before) and was told that I would have a loaner car. Fantastic Right... Not a chance! After being stuck at the dealership for 2 hours and 2 hours late for work, because someone had the brilliant idea to send the loaner car out to drop off another customer, and upon return ran into traffic. So Service decides to do the paperwork ahead of time to get me moving quicker! (Wonderful Right... Not a chance... They proceeded to ask me for my credit card, are you kidding me?!? First I am only returning to fix the damage their detailer did to my vehicle!!! How about you use his card. The Service Manager decided it best to wave the need for my credit card (Good move!). So the vehicle finally shows up! Again Fantastic right! Nope! Wrong again! they gave me a Loaner Vehicle that had the gas light on! So back into the dealership I go.

Here's to hoping everything works out in the end.

See less See more
#5 ·
I actually have the opposite experience with Peel Chrysler. When I went there looking for a specific color / model that I wanted which they did't have at that time, the sale staff was trying to persuade me to get a different color or model that they have. The sale staff was bragging that he has the listing of the entire Ontario inventory, and that if they did not have it, nobody has it. I ended up buying my car at North York Fiat. However, since I live in Mississauga, I go to Peel Chrysler for service. My service experience with them has been exemplary.

#4 ·
To be honest, Peel Chrysler is a JOKE. Granted yes I did ultimately purchase my vehicle from Peel as was a hard to find spec'd vehicle and the price was right. Beyond that the dealership needs to work on a few things. First its not even a FIAT dealership. Its an old 50s Chrysler dealership with a small table devoted to FIAT. The customer service and facilities were sorely lacking. The sales/finance managers are crooks and tried to pad the final price by adding unnecessary coverages and plans without consent. i spent 3 hours getting this stuff removed. I will never get the car serviced there as its way too small, congested and they are only interested in getting you out the door. They are basically an autotrader bottom priced dealer attracting out of city buyers (much like myself) who will never come back after purchase.

#6 ·
Fiat really needs to streamline the buying process. My car came in and we went to do the paperwork, the salesman wanted to show us our car which was in the process of prep and took us back to a hard working young guy who was all smiles and assured us that our car would be perfect when we drove it off the lot. To be fair though, I still have not dealt with the service department and am keeping my fingers crossed.

#7 ·
Back when I bought my Trekking from Hunter Fiat in Lancaster, it also had tape all over it and salt all over the paint from the trip across the pond. These dealers are not used to prepping cars shipped over seas and they just don't care as long as they get all your money and trade in for nothing. Always lots of promisses and little action. The good news is - it's a fantastic car and I'm very glad I bought it but the dealer sucks.

#9 ·
I agree. I'd rather have great service and parts departments.
We purchased our 500L from Herb Chambers Fiat in Worchester, MA. Mike the Sales Mgr was terrific! We purchased it on a Sunday afternoon and picked it up two days later. The car was detailed perfectly.........no salt, scratches, tape, etc. The Sales Associate, Nas, provided a detailed review of the car and features before we left the lot with it. Plus a full tank of gas!!
My wife wanted a graphics package not offered by Fiat. Mike has a company he works with that found the package she was looking for. Installed it a few weeks later at the studio - no charge for the package or installation. We'll be purchasing again from them when that times comes. I would recommend this dealership and sales staff to anyone.

#10 ·
I have made them quite aware of my displeasure in dealing with the service department. They both got an ear full at the dealership with several staff, customers and perspective buyers there. Also posted a full review on dealerrater.ca which the owner and everyone sees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.