Annoying Beep When is Turned On

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums – General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Annoying Beep When is Turned On

Thanks

Exclamation Annoying Beep When is Turned On

Hey guys!
    I've been stalking this website for months now and now i can finally join you because i bough a brand new 2016 pop last Friday!
    Anyway! first day i got it after i got home i got curious ,the car was turned off, and i pulled the red lever to open the front hood of the car, i checked it all seemed nice and in place. Now when i closed it and turn the key to turn it on it starts beeping but is a long beep and all the warning signs light up. When i turn it on all the way they go away. This didn't happen at the dealer when i test drove it. it's really annoying and i don't know how to make it stop. I certainly know there's nothing wrong with it because is brand new but would you guys maybe know why is doing that and how to stop it?
    Thank You!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks
    I have a 2012 Pop. I always wait until after this beep ends to start the vehicle. Coincidentally, I have had no problems with my Pop since I bought it in 2011. You actually instinctively did the right thing. There is a certain amount of time it takes for all the onboard computers and sensors to get in sync. If the car is warmed up already, this amount of time would be negligible. You can ignore this and try to start it, and then if you have any problems with the car, there will be plenty of people here to help you with that.

Drives
    500 Sport / 2015 / Red
    Thanks
    Plug in your seat belt before you turn your key. I'll bet the beep you're hearing is the seat belt reminder. Every car I have had before this Fiat has delayed that warning beep until the car is taken out of park or after 30 seconds or so, whichever comes first. In the Fiat 500, it starts immediately upon turning the key. Turn the key, and quickly plug in your seat belt and it will stop. Plug in your seat belt before you turn the key and it won't even beep.

Ironically, the passenger warning will not sound until you actually move.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulPerger For This Useful Post:

Tedolph (06-20-2017)

6. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread