500e lease return issue (no dealership would accept my car)

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums – General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 500e lease return issue (no dealership would accept my car)

Thanks

Exclamation 500e lease return issue (no dealership would accept my car)

i'm in easy bay area.
    i called Burlingame and Berkeley Fiat, they both said they cant accept my car due to over-flooded 500e lease return.

does anyone know what can i do?
    my lease expire on March 11,2017.
    time is soon running out.

-James

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Drives
    500e Grigio Sport lowered
    Thanks
    This is becoming a huge issue, not only for lease returns but for getting any Fiat serviced. Fiat-Chrysler needs to resolve this by enabling Chrysler dealerships. I had this problem too and I seem to remember that Fiat in Concord, CA had space which might help you, even if they were far from me. Good luck.

I even called Chrysler Capital asking where I could return my car after the two closest dealers shut, they promised to get back to be within a day but never did. I've lost faith in the entire organization.
    Last edited by tpoltron; 02-16-2017 at 01:24 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tpoltron For This Useful Post:

ocean350 (02-16-2017)

Drives
    2015 500e
    Thanks
    I would contact Fiat Customer Service and see what they say. I heard of one person doing this and was told to keep the car, with no payments, until they found a dealer that would accept the car. At the very least get it on record with Fiat that you are trying to get things resolved so they can't come back on you.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

rkw
    Drives
    2015 500e
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean350 View Post
    they cant accept my car due to over-flooded 500e lease return
    They have a looming disaster next year when the spike of March 2015 leases (from incredible low cost deals) get returned.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rkw For This Useful Post:

500Emazing (02-16-2017),DaveN007 (02-16-2017),robbobster (02-16-2017),Tedolph (02-16-2017)

Drives
    2017 500E Silver
    Thanks
    ^^^Wow! Would be nice if they did a deal like Nissan did with our Leaf and offered a big discount off the residual to buy the car out. Nissan was taking $7500 off the residual at one point a year or more ago. We bought ours off lease at the time. I would actually love the opportunity to buy the Fiat off lease at fair market value when the time comes.

Drives
    500e/335d/C7 Z06/2017 NSX
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G0to60 View Post
    I would contact Fiat Customer Service and see what they say. I heard of one person doing this and was told to keep the car, with no payments, until they found a dealer that would accept the car. At the very least get it on record with Fiat that you are trying to get things resolved so they can't come back on you.
    I'd be negotiating hard right now.

They knew this was coming. That's why they offered the lease extensions to "give dealerships time to handle the cars". They implied that this meant a thriving resale market. In the mean time dealerships are closing.

What could you get?

1) a realistic offer to buy the car for something closer wholesale value
    2) a no cost lease extension that would justify renewing your registration
    3) an additional subsidy from Chrysler on a new 500e to make the deal even more insane (make room on the lot)
    4) ???

They are going to do something. This will be interesting to watch. Wholesale prices should fall. I am nearly crazy enough to try to pick up a car for my 14 year-old daughter. I think I'll start watching used prices on low mileage, perfect cars.

Drives
    2015 500e, 2011 BMW Z435i
    Thanks
    I'm really really hoping this means they'll be willing to negotiate a great buyout when my lease ends in a couple of years. Between the already crazy low auction prices of the 500e, (currently already in the absurdly low $4,500 range) the fact that it'll be a couple of years older with more longer-range competition in the new and used market, and the fact that it'll apparently be just a few months after a massive glut of them has hit them I'm cautiously optimistic.

rkw
    Drives
    2015 500e
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 500Emazing View Post
    Would be nice if they did a deal like Nissan did with our Leaf and offered a big discount off the residual to buy the car out. Nissan was taking $7500 off the residual at one point a year or more ago.
    Fiat will have to do a LOT better than $7500 off. The residual on most 500e leases is insanely high — over $20K! You can save a ton of money by returning the car and buying a used one.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rkw For This Useful Post:

robbobster (02-16-2017)

Drives
    2015 500e
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
    I'm really really hoping this means they'll be willing to negotiate a great buyout when my lease ends in a couple of years. Between the already crazy low auction prices of the 500e, (currently already in the absurdly low $4,500 range) the fact that it'll be a couple of years older with more longer-range competition in the new and used market, and the fact that it'll apparently be just a few months after a massive glut of them has hit them I'm cautiously optimistic.
    I'm hoping for the same thing. I would love to buy out mine but the number is still way too high. If they can get it below 10k I might be interested. We'll see in August when the time comes.

Drives
    2012 500 Pop, Grigio
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveN007 View Post
    I'd be negotiating hard right now.

They knew this was coming. That's why they offered the lease extensions to "give dealerships time to handle the cars". They implied that this meant a thriving resale market. In the mean time dealerships are closing.

What could you get?

1) a realistic offer to buy the car for something closer wholesale value
    2) a no cost lease extension that would justify renewing your registration
    3) an additional subsidy from Chrysler on a new 500e to make the deal even more insane (make room on the lot)
    4) ???

They are going to do something. This will be interesting to watch. Wholesale prices should fall. I am nearly crazy enough to try to pick up a car for my 14 year-old daughter. I think I'll start watching used prices on low mileage, perfect cars.
    No wonder Sergio hates this car.

Tedolph (actually Sergio)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tedolph For This Useful Post:

DaveN007 (02-16-2017)

17. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast