Fiat 500 Forum banner

My lease details

97K views 358 replies 105 participants last post by  MrManFitz 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Just got an orange 500e a couple weeks ago. Loving the car. I got it for my work commute (my office has free chargers, yay). I've been driving my Boxster S daily since 2005 and well, after 125,000 miles, I feel like it deserves a break.

I leased from Bob Baker in Carlsbad. 10,000 miles per year, $215 a month, $1000 down. I didn't try hard, so I expect anyone else to do better than that. With a little bit more fighting, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get it for the advertised terms of 12,000 miles per year and $199, with $1000 down. Their first offer to me was for about $247 a month, with $1500 down.

Hope that helps!

#2 ·
Welcome to the board!

I also have a Fiat 500E and Porsche in the garage! Mine is a 2014 991 2S Cabrio. Ya know what's effed up with this combo? Porsche's central dial gauge is a tach. Under the tach is a digital speedo. Except when you jump in the 500E the digital numbers on the bottom of the central dial gauge is... miles 'til you run out of juice, lol.

Instinctively I used to think, "Wait I can't be going 76 mph, oh no that's right," and retrain my eyes further up the dial to see how fast I'm going. I'd do this 10 times a trip until I got used to it.

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcomes.

Ya know what's effed up with this combo? Porsche's central dial gauge is a tach. Under the tach is a digital speedo. Except when you jump in the 500E the digital numbers on the bottom of the central dial gauge is... miles 'til you run out of juice, lol.
Gee, thanks. This wasn't bothering me before, and now I know that this is all I'm going to think of from now on!!!!

Got mine in Nov - $1,000 down ($1,900 after down, tax, title, and reg), $207/mo, 12k mi/yr Fremont Fiat
Nice! The 12k mi/yr might have been useful for me, but I think 10,000 miles is okay. The car is also for my fiancee to drive when she's in town from LA, so there will be days where it mostly just sits in my garage. My lease was $1000 total out of pocket, when I left the dealership.

me third. Porsche Turbo + Fiat 500e. Lots of boost!
Well, you and lbcgolf have the nicer cars. :) I do love my 987S though. Thought about upgrading to a 981S this year, but they've gotten so much more expensive since 2005. A 981S similarly equipped to what I have now costs about $72,000. My 987S was only $60,000. I'm having a hard time justifying the upgrade when I have wedding plans and such to take into account!

Anyhow, this is a Fiat forum, I should stay on topic. I've ordered a stubby antenna as likely my only modification to this car. Can't leave well enough alone, hah!

#4 ·
Hello all,

Just got an orange 500e a couple weeks ago. Loving the car. I got it for my work commute (my office has free chargers, yay). I've been driving my Boxster S daily since 2005 and well, after 125,000 miles, I feel like it deserves a break.

I leased from Bob Baker in Carlsbad. 10,000 miles per year, $215 a month, $1000 down. I didn't try hard, so I expect anyone else to do better than that. With a little bit more fighting, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get it for the advertised terms of 12,000 miles per year and $199, with $1000 down. Their first offer to me was for about $247 a month, with $1500 down.

Hope that helps!
Got mine in Nov - $1,000 down ($1,900 after down, tax, title, and reg), $207/mo, 12k mi/yr Fremont Fiat

#8 ·
msrp?, tax, ?

Excellent info...as I am looking but the lease rates I see in the bay area for 10k miles with 999 down are way off but I have no experience with leasing and hate the fact that they have knobs to turn everywhere, aka want a lower monthly, sure we ask for more up front etc etc.
Wondering:
- none of you says what options you got...though that still is up to 2000$ difference in the MSRP, so with 70% residual value the financed amount still differs by 666, spread over 36 months is a few bucks
- I am confused on the 999 down vs. drive off as I was debating with a buddy who thought he really only paid 999 when he got the keys, whereas teh contract I have seen puts in 999 "cash cap reduction" and then adds taxes and fees to reach a driveoff of 2000.
- also for your monthly, are you already including tax or are your numbers without tax?

Aaargh :mad:
fahrvergnuegen...

#9 ·
Excellent info...as I am looking but the lease rates I see in the bay area for 10k miles with 999 down are way off but I have no experience with leasing and hate the fact that they have knobs to turn everywhere, aka want a lower monthly, sure we ask for more up front etc etc.
Wondering:
- none of you says what options you got...though that still is up to 2000$ difference in the MSRP, so with 70% residual value the financed amount still differs by 666, spread over 36 months is a few bucks
- I am confused on the 999 down vs. drive off as I was debating with a buddy who thought he really only paid 999 when he got the keys, whereas teh contract I have seen puts in 999 "cash cap reduction" and then adds taxes and fees to reach a driveoff of 2000.
- also for your monthly, are you already including tax or are your numbers without tax?

Aaargh :mad:
fahrvergnuegen...

Welcome to the forum.

#10 ·
If you want the name of the guy that I got mine from he told me he'd drop 1 payment for every referal, glad to split it with you. Only option I got (not by choice) was steam white interior. That was my deal, $999 down, but then after tax title and registration the total was $1,900.

#16 ·
Just picked up a 500e w/moonroof, bianco paint, preferred equip. pkg. ($34,200 sticker) this afternoon. Also added the excess wear & tear coverage $500) since my wife hauls our two big dogs around. I had a $3,000 trade and got the $2,500 rebate from Fiat. Monthly payment, including tax came to $182 for a 3 yr. / 30,000 mi. lease. I felt that this was a great deal since I'll be saving roughly $80.00 net per month on gas. My cost to charge will be fairly low since I have 42 solar panels on my roof to supplement my Edison bill.

This is my wife's first new car in years (she normally get my hand me downs) and she is totally thrilled about going totally green. This was the best deal I was able to find in the metro L.A. area and I acted quickly as the 500e's are selling very quickly in my neck of the woods. The dealer sold 3 (not including ours) since Thursday.

#18 ·
Hi! I just got an orange one with sunroof for $1950 at signing, $215/mo, both including taxes and fees (without, it was 999/198). 12k miles. I also have a referral bonus, and had a great experience so am happy to refer!
Congrats on the new rides and welcome to the forum!

#19 ·
My new Fiat 500e : Blanco Perla paint, sunroof and eSport package-

My Trade-In: 2012 Kia Sorrento with 28k miles on it. I had 4 more lease payments of $550 per month ($2200) plus the lease residual was $21,500. the dealer paid the Kia off as a trade in and gave me an additional $4k towards my new Fiat lease. I had $0 out of pocket (no check was written by me for first month, security deposit,etc). And I am getting my California $2500 rebate next week.. I walked out and my first lease payment is not due for a month. I have 12,000 miles per year on my lease and my payment is $170 a month (tax included)..

Fiat of Fremont

private message me if you want to be referred to the sales manager that I know who will get you a great deal-

#21 ·
How is that even possible? You are saying that you had a 2012 Kia Sorento ( btw, I have same 2012 Sorento EX V6 with 30,220 miles on it with 3 payments left) which had 4 payments of $550 a month left on it which means you had $2200 which the dealer would have had to either work into the lease (roll it in to the lease) plus you got another 4k on the early lease termination, which means you got 6k for a 2012 Kia Sorento end the lease early, something doesn't sound right. Why or how would they give you 6k for a car which had 4 payments left on it? The residual value really has nothing to do with what your car is worth as far as the trade in goes because it would only apply if you were to trade in the car on termination and decided to buy it. What you probably meant is early lease termination payoff amount which anyone can get by calling their lessor and asking for a payoff quote which would be valid for 30 days or until you made another payment. The dealer I used actually tried to lowball me on my attempt at early trade in quoting me 16k for trade in. KBB low end for my vehicle with listed options was $19k -$21 high but I know that no dealer would pay off KBB's wholesale book but rather what the latest auction prices were fetching and they were coming in 1k under what they got guaranteed from their auction buyer is what I am guessing (also took it to a Chevy dealer the week before and they only wanted to give me 17k). Nevertheless, I turned it down as my payments on my Kia is only $300 per month lol. Btw, my lease early payoff quote was $17700, not sure why when the residual value at lease end is only 15.5k and I only have 3 payments left. If you had been paying $550 a month for roughly the same car as mine around the same amount of time, why is you residual value $21k + at lease end, lol, again not likely. Not sure what kid of special Kia you got but $550 + a month, wow. As the poster above also pointed out already, also, you can not get the rebate next week...per CCSE's website...if you apply for the rebate online after 3-28-14, you WILL get your rebate in September 2014, general information anyone can verify through their website at Centers for Sustainable Energy of CA. If you did indeed receive 4k credit from your trade in as you say, and you should have also received the 1k conquest bonus cash for total of 5k towards the cap reduction of your leased car. Your payment should be around $130 per month at most incld. tax., just saying.

I just got a 500E Argento yesterday with Esport pkg and Sunroof for $0 drive off, $251 a month incl. the tax with 15k miles a year. ( And yes, it includes first month payment and I also don't pay until a month from now) Only because I got the conquest bonus cash which I used towards the drive off which meant I paid nothing. I checked with 3 local dealers in my area and the one I went with actually honored the TV /Fiatusa corp. ad which was refreshing and they did not try to sell me a bunch of other stuff which I did not need. The other two actually wanted 2k total drive with all their BS (tax , title, destination blah blah, aka, I want to make another 1k off you fees.) If you don't have a current lease with another company, most likely the best deal you could get is $1k total drive off, $200 + tax, with 12k miles for the 500e with no options at all. Hope this helps someone out. If one dealer can honor their ad their is no reason why they all can't unless they are greedy, period. Each dealer gets around $1500 per every 500e they sell from Chrysler plus they have this rebate which goes towards your lease from Chrysler for $2500 right now, which makes your total drive off $1k. but most of the greedy ones want another 1k drive off if they think you will pay it.

#23 ·
OK, here's the exact numbers from my lease:

Trade in = 2012 Kia Sorrento (SX AWD): Agreed Upon Value of Trade in = $24,000 --- Lease Balance = $21081 ----- Net Trade in = $2918
Amount due at signing = $6418... $2918 Net Trade in allowance + $3500 Rebates and non-cash credits in all that = $6418
Monthly payments are: $174.80 per month (tax included)
12,000 miles per year-

#26 ·
Oh man you got a sweet deal on the trade in then. The dealer booked out your car at above the highest range that most popular websites would estimate (between 19k low end to 23k highest end). Doesn't happen often and it is very rare, ( actually I dont know anyone personally this has happened to) but I guess it happens when you're at the right place at the right time with the right car they really want. Both dealers I went to get appraisals for had my car about 1k below the lowest range ( which is pretty standard unless it's that hot car they can't keep in stock used) of where it would book out at wholesale trade in value so ended up keeping mine, only a few payments left on it anyway. Far as the lease price goes, I noticed the same thing on my lease as well. $2500 from some undisclosed source (guessing it's from Chrysler financial) and then the 1k conquest bonus for competitive lease on the current Kia. I pressed them for answers as to what or where the $2500 is coming from but they kept avoiding the question so I left it alone, as long as they didn't touch my $2500 rebate from CA and I had $0 out of pocket. Congrats you got a nice deal. So the 3k trade in essentially went to pay down your lease to about $160+tax a month which is about right since they advertise the lease at $200+tax a month not incl. tax after that $2500 manufacturer rebate they get and $1k drive off unless you have a conquest lease incentive added.

#25 ·
0 down, 219 a month including taxes. existing lease rebate of 1500 and... 2500 off for something else. auto brokers are awesome.

in regards to porsche + 500e = carbon neutral, I really wish CARB had a program to offset smoging of my barely used racecar miata because I primarily drive the EV.

#27 ·
Yes, I don't think they necessarily wanted my Kia that much.. I really do think there must be some extra incentives going on right now that isn't known by us and therefore the trade allowed them to step up in trade in value (hiding that incentive by pretending to be extra interested in the Kia). That is, if I didn't have a trade, they might not have been as able to bury that incentive into giving me more for my trade.. I don't think these super incentives will be around much longer though..

#28 ·
How are you guys putting in 0 down? The advertisement I am seeing online is 999/down 199/mo.

The internet sales manager offered me 999/down (1500 after fees) with 199/month for white/sunroof/sport. I think this is a pretty good deal, but 0 down would be a better deal. I am not trading in a car, unless they give me a great deal on my 97 m3 sedan. Can anyone shed some light on this?

My buddy is also going to lease a 500e also, do I work that referral angle in and ask for a payment knocked off?

Thanks.

#35 ·
I just picked mine up from San Jose Capitol Fiat. White/e-sport/sunroof

I tried to get that deal today from the same dealer and didn't get it. I think it's a good offer if he still honors it.
It ended up being $1550 otd with $230 a month after taxes. 36mo/12k year. Looks like a decent deal not as hot as some of the others!

The reason some of us are able to obtain $0 drive offs and still get the $199 a month deal is because of the Chrysler competitive lease bonus cash of $1000 which is not advertised but is there. If they are honest with you they will tell you about it upfront. So if you have a competitive leased car that is current and can prove it, ie. current lease papers, you take that in and tell them to apply it to your down payment, they dont lose money so don't feel bad lol. But yea that's how it's done.
I don't have another car leased which means I would not have qualified for the $0 drive off?

Oh btw, alot of dealers ( I went to 3 before I finally found one that wasn't going to try to make an additional 1k) will tell you, we need another $500-$1000 drive off for dmv fees, reg, title, bla blah blah...they are lying. Either they are participating in the advertised deal and want to move a unit and will work with you or they will swear they need that 1k and that eveyrone has to pay it...a lie. That add'l 1k they want for drive off is basically what the dealer ship wants to make off the deal in addition to whatever $2500 bonus they receive from Chrysler for every 500E they sell. AKA, greed. Luckily there are still few dealers out there who care more about how many units they sell rather than how much they made off each one. Just gotta find that one. Good luck in ur hunting.
Dang wish I read this 3 hours ago. I guess the dealer/saleman still needs to make their money.

#32 ·
The reason some of us are able to obtain $0 drive offs and still get the $199 a month deal is because of the Chrysler competitive lease bonus cash of $1000 which is not advertised but is there. If they are honest with you they will tell you about it upfront. So if you have a competitive leased car that is current and can prove it, ie. current lease papers, you take that in and tell them to apply it to your down payment, they dont lose money so don't feel bad lol. But yea that's how it's done.

#33 ·
Oh btw, alot of dealers ( I went to 3 before I finally found one that wasn't going to try to make an additional 1k) will tell you, we need another $500-$1000 drive off for dmv fees, reg, title, bla blah blah...they are lying. Either they are participating in the advertised deal and want to move a unit and will work with you or they will swear they need that 1k and that eveyrone has to pay it...a lie. That add'l 1k they want for drive off is basically what the dealer ship wants to make off the deal in addition to whatever $2500 bonus they receive from Chrysler for every 500E they sell. AKA, greed. Luckily there are still few dealers out there who care more about how many units they sell rather than how much they made off each one. Just gotta find that one. Good luck in ur hunting.

#36 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Motor vehicle

My lease deal was on a Silver E with Sunroof and Sport pkg. I paid nothing, not a cent out of pocket for drive off. I did get the competitive lease bonus of $1k which went to the down/drive off of the advertised $1k total drive off you see on their websites and disclaimer notice. I do have a leased car currently set to expire in 2 months. It has to be a lease to get that 1k bonus, not a car you bought and are currently financing. Dealer still received that $3500 bonus credit on the car from Chrysler because its on the lease paper that I received $3500 bonus but I didn't actually get it, goes straight to the dealer ship which is fine by me. Then they also get another $1k on that lease bonus from Chrysler. Also, I belive they get another $2500 bonus from Chrysler for every unit sold as a incentive rebate to work with customers in upholding their ads. Yet lot of dealerships still want to make another 1k on those electrics and decided they want another 1k for the car and try very hard to convince you to pay. Chrysler may be losing some money on these to meet the CA regulations to do business here but trust me, those dealers ships themselves are not losing anything as they are being compensated very well from their parent co. Chrysler.

So 500E with sport pkg, sunroof, no other options really to add in even if you want, Silver with 15k miles per year, 36 mos lease. =$231+tax. I did have to do alot of researching online using forums like these to get the leverage I needed to get and find the dealer more concerned about moving units vs. the one who has no issue with units sold but more with bottom line profit.

The car was lowered at Madness, love the look but it is much more bouncy now. Joe said they did trim the stock bumps but apparently that does not relieve the bouncing as much as I like. I need to find out if using the No Cal red bump stops trimmed will make a difference as someone on forums suggested. Anyone have same situation going to Madness springs, with trimmed stock bumps then going with Nocal bump stops actually makes a difference? I dont want to spend another $25 on stops and another $40 on labor if it wont make a difference.

#37 ·
View attachment 46770 View attachment 46778

My lease deal was on a Silver E with Sunroof and Sport pkg. I paid nothing, not a cent out of pocket for drive off. I did get the competitive lease bonus of $1k which went to the down/drive off of the advertised $1k total drive off you see on their websites and disclaimer notice. I do have a leased car currently set to expire in 2 months. It has to be a lease to get that 1k bonus, not a car you bought and are currently financing. Dealer still received that $3500 bonus credit on the car from Chrysler because its on the lease paper that I received $3500 bonus but I didn't actually get it, goes straight to the dealer ship which is fine by me. Then they also get another $1k on that lease bonus from Chrysler. Also, I belive they get another $2500 bonus from Chrysler for every unit sold as a incentive rebate to work with customers in upholding their ads. Yet lot of dealerships still want to make another 1k on those electrics and decided they want another 1k for the car and try very hard to convince you to pay. Chrysler may be losing some money on these to meet the CA regulations to do business here but trust me, those dealers ships themselves are not losing anything as they are being compensated very well from their parent co. Chrysler.

So 500E with sport pkg, sunroof, no other options really to add in even if you want, Silver with 15k miles per year, 36 mos lease. =$231+tax. I did have to do alot of researching online using forums like these to get the leverage I needed to get and find the dealer more concerned about moving units vs. the one who has no issue with units sold but more with bottom line profit.

The car was lowered at Madness, love the look but it is much more bouncy now. Joe said they did trim the stock bumps but apparently that does not relieve the bouncing as much as I like. I need to find out if using the No Cal red bump stops trimmed will make a difference as someone on forums suggested. Anyone have same situation going to Madness springs, with trimmed stock bumps then going with Nocal bump stops actually makes a difference? I dont want to spend another $25 on stops and another $40 on labor if it wont make a difference.

I hear only nice things about the Norcal offering but I don't think the bouncing will be helped unless you are riding on them constantly.

#39 ·
Yea unfortunately it doesn't seem there is a compromise out there unless you want to spend another $300 going for the coilovers which should be available soon from Madness or going for the Abarth springs as others have done and trimmed the bump stops. I think using all abarth springs options would in the end, end up costing about what it would cost to drop in the Madness springs when you consider the labor cost to cut springs and bump stops unless you are mechanically inclined and have the tools, which I don't. Coilovers are probably the best way to go but also most expensive. Being that it's a lease, I really don't want to spend more making mods to the car when I will only have it 3 years. As Tweak pointed out, I suspected that putting in bump stops may not help just in average driving situations on the freeway. I have never bottomed out or come close to it so it may really only help in situations where I am constantly getting close to bottoming, not sure if it will help with the bouncing that I feel as I drive on the OC freeways doing 70+mph. It's not all the time though, just certain sections where they need to pave the road again otherwise it's not horrible. I wish the Madness springs came in 1 to 1.5 inch drop as an option for slightly less aggressive drop and that way there may be less bouncing. Madness springs say they are 2" drop but the gap from the top of the wheel to the fender measured before the drop was 4" easy. It is now about half an inch to 3/4 inch at most so although its 2" in spring height, the feel and practicality of it will be closer to a 4" inch drop almost in the back. Madness does really work with you though and they don't mind answering questions, great crew, highly recommend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.