Fiat 500 in snow reviews
NEWS

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiat 500 in snow reviews

Thanks

Fiat 500 in snow reviews

Does anybody have some good comments or links to reviews that they can share that talk about experiences with the Fiat 500 in snow? I've looked around, but can't find anything too in depth. Performance in snow with or without snow tires is the last big question my wife and I have before pulling the trigger on a Fiat 500 order. Thanks for your time and help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pantheman75 View Post
    Does anybody have some good comments or links to reviews that they can share that talk about experiences with the Fiat 500 in snow? I've looked around, but can't find anything too in depth. Performance in snow with or without snow tires is the last big question my wife and I have before pulling the trigger on a Fiat 500 order. Thanks for your time and help!
    Have you had a front wheel drive car before?
    Empty heads have long tongues. Commonly they, whose tongue is their weapon, use their feet for defense. - Bruce Lee ブルースリー

Thanks
    My best guess is that it should be fine. I've had many older, light japanese cars (early civic's, Mazda GLC) that were similar in weight and front drive that were great in the snow with decent winter tires. The 500 has the added benifits of stability control and ABS to help as well. In any car winter driving comes down to good judgement and beeing well equiped for the conditions.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mvander View Post
    My best guess is that it should be fine. I've had many older, light japanese cars (early civic's, Mazda GLC) that were similar in weight and front drive that were great in the snow with decent winter tires. The 500 has the added benifits of stability control and ABS to help as well. In any car winter driving comes down to good judgement and beeing well equiped for the conditions.
    My second car was a 1993 Hyundai Scoupe Turbo and it was about 2400 lbs and front wheel drive. I had all seasons for winter and it did well. The thing to watch out for is those soccer moms driving an Escalade who don't realize it's going to take even longer to stop with that two story gas reserve on wheels.
    Empty heads have long tongues. Commonly they, whose tongue is their weapon, use their feet for defense. - Bruce Lee ブルースリー

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lorvar View Post
    Have you had a front wheel drive car before?
    Of course, but nothing that small / light.

Thanks
    Good question! I have also been wondering this myself. Im still deciding myself.

Thanks
    Please don't let one weather season determine your love for a car. This car has been in Europe for 5 years. I'm sure they ran tests in cold and extreme weather. Italy does get snow and Switzerland is just to the north. Snow tires are a must if you live in that type of climate.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRo6K9Ski08&NR=1[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hRGv_8TrCw&feature=related[/ame]
    Last edited by lorvar; 10-13-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks
    It should be no problem. I drove a rear wheel drive car for years in snow and, with proper winter tires, I got stuck...NEVER.
    So, FWD Fiat with all seasons should be fine in 99 % of situations. If you are in that 1% with a long snowy driveway or street to climb that doesn't get plowed, then fit winter tires and carry on!

Thanks
    I once had the worst possible car for winter, a RWD sports coupe. Something you shouldn't be using in winter! Tons of people had no faith in me driving that in winter but all it needed was some good winter tires. Had no problems!

No doubt the Fiat 500 will be a good winter vehicle. Just keep in mind when getting winter tires you'll want to get tires that are a narrower than your stock all season's.

going 15-25 maybe even 30 mm narrower will do you well in winter.

Thanks
    I sure hope it'll do well since I actually bought my Fiat for winter. My Mini Cooper Convertible is a similar type of vehicle and I never got stuck even in Alberta winter.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements