Keyless remote entry.
NEWS

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keyless remote entry.

Drives
    2012 500c Red
    Thanks

Keyless remote entry.

I'm curious as to how far away from your car does your remote entry work. I have a few cars with the remote system and they all work from a good distance from the car. I'm talking at least 75 feet. With my fiat it doesn't work more than about 25 feet.
    Been chatting to a 14 year old girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Drives
    2013 Grigio FIAT 500 Abarth
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,233 Times in 1,915 Posts
    For me it depends on the day, one day I am still a little from the car, 20-30 feet and it works fine, other days I have to be within 5, seems to differ a great deal.

Thanks
    Apparently if you point the key fob into the bottom of your face, in that soft spot behind your jaw, it works from farther away. Seems to work with my friends garage door opener. No more waiting for the door to finish opening.

Drives
    '13 Abarth & '12 Pop 500c
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HSOK View Post
    Apparently if you point the key fob into the bottom of your face, in that soft spot behind your jaw, it works from farther away. Seems to work with my friends garage door opener. No more waiting for the door to finish opening.
    This is no joke! I have a '97 Cadillac that only recognized its key FOB from about 10' to the car. But............! I can put the fob up to my neck, then outstretch my other arm, push the lock or unlock button and my car will recognize the FOB from 30 to 50 feet away! Its totally cool how this works.

Regarding my Pop. I had a problem with it recognizing the FOB from more than a couple of feet away from the day I bought it. Took it to Service. Under warranty they replaced either the BCM or the antenna reception module. Then 3 months later the BCM had to be replaced while doing a fog light install (long story). Afterward the FOB wasn't recognized unless I was VERY CLOSE to the car. It also took multiple pushes on the FOB before the car would open. Took it back to service. They replaced the BCM again! Everything working as it should now.
    ..rickko..
    2013 White Abarth, 2012 Red FIAT POP 500c, 2006 Cadillac DTS, 1995 Harley-Davidson Softail Custom, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125 scooter

6. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements