Manual transmission fluid change
NEWS

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Manual transmission fluid change

Thanks

Manual transmission fluid change

Looking at the owners manual I do not find a spec for the amount or a listing of the recommended grade or type of gear oil. I can think of a coupe of reasons why the worst being it is never meant to be changed (there is no such thing as a lifetime lubricant) or possible it is drained and filled until it is topped up. What is the insider info on this. I would like to change along with the engine oil at 1-2K. Lovin' my two day old Pearl White Sport, the paint is really nice and the ride which was pretty rough is starting to smooth out. When I got it delivered they put 30 front and 35 rear and setting the tires to spec actually made the ride better, headlights are now aimed correctly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks
    OK a search found a article from Europe with pics that says 60K (not sure miles or kilometers) is the spec for changing. Requires 1.5 kg (weight ?) of synthetic 75W90 gear oil. You add oil until it starts to flow out of the fill hole. So it is at least changeable and sounds like it should be good for awhile and come with synthetic as a spec.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements