Any Fiat 500 Mechanics on the Board?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Fiat 500 Mechanics on the Board?

Drives
    2013 Fiat 500, Red Pop
    Thanks

Any Fiat 500 Mechanics on the Board?

Hi everyone. I am in the process of bringing a 2013 Pop back from being a flood car. I have some pretty detailed questions around how the BCM communicates with the ECU and determines when it will allow the car to start. I believe I need to have the BCM reprogrammed for the car, but before I take it to the dealer I want to make sure I covered all bases. Since a wiring diagram is not available I am limited to what I am able to troubleshoot. If there is someone who is is familiar with these components I would appreciate it if you could PM me and answer some questions.

Thanks so much!
    Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Drives
    500 Lounge / 2012 / Biancho
    Thanks
    Im not a mechanic and please excuse my ignorance for asking, but why would the BCM stop the ECU from letting the car start?

Even if it would, then why not bring your car in for diagnostics? They can hook your car into their laptops and find exactly what the problem is anyways. Unless you aren't fortunate to have a half-decent mech at your LS, in which case I really hope for you that somebody on the forums can be of help.
    2012 500 Lounge 5-speed (White)
    Craven STS
    Black Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals
    K & N Filter
    Abarth Steering wheel
    Audio: Alpine SPR 6.5 components (front) coaxs (rear), AudioControl DQDX,
    Pioneer GM-D8604, Kenwood KSC-SW11, Custom cooled/lit amp rack

Drives
    2013 Fiat 500, Red Pop
    Thanks
    Hi. Thanks for the response. In my research the BCM controls the starting aspect of the car. So there certain triggers that the BCM checks for before it will allow the car to start. One of them is that the transponder in the key is matched to the BCM. I have not been able to find a list of these triggers, so troubleshooting is difficult. I could take it to the dealer, but I want to make sure I have tried everything myself before taking it, because labor costs will be expensive if they are troubleshooting wiring issues....

5. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements