Finally some ECU tuning info/prices
NEWS

1. Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums – General discussion forum for Fiat 500

Welcome to Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums - a website dedicated to all things Fiat 500.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Fiat 500 Forum : US Fiat 500 Cinquecento Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally some ECU tuning info/prices

Thanks

Finally some ECU tuning info/prices

From http://www.abarth-scagliarini.com/#!tuning

"FIATuned with Scagliarini Motorsports. The Most Powerful ECU Program Coming Soon.

TAPPA¹ ECU Program 115Hp 145Nm $750*

TAPPA² ECU + BMC Air Filter + CDA 120Hp 155Nm** $1,250*

TAPPA³ ECU + Air Delivery + Exhaust 125Hp+ 165Nm** $2,250*

* Save $250 by pre-ordering before May 1, 2011. Up to 130-135Hp may be gained with BMC air delivery and Ragazzon exhaust system. +/- 2,5Hp **Estimated Nm "

I have been looking forever for ecu tuning info and this is the only company so far that I have found that is doing it. Hope to see other companies get on the ball and do some work with the fuel maps. 15HP from a simple tune is pretty significant.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements

Thanks
    This is exciting news... I've been very interested in tuning or any other performance upgrades. 15 hp is huge (15% increase)

Unfortunately the site doesn't give too many details as it says you can pre-order but I don't see how.

Also I wasn't able to find out if they are a US or European company. I will definitely keep checking back with this site.

Thanks for finding this.

Senior Member Will@EuroTuningParts's Avatar
    Thanks
    Will it work on US spec Fiat 500?
    i know BMC Air Filter and CDA won't fit US Spec Fiat 500!
    Will

http://www.facebook.com/FiatTuning

WWW.EuroTuningParts.com

Will@EuroTuningParts.com

Tel. 714.662.7300
    Cell. 626 298.9838

Competizione Sport Tuning

Address:
    3633 West MacArthur Blvd. STE#408
    Santa Ana CA.92704
    U.S.A

Thanks
    Boulder, Colorado (March 25, 2011) Scagliarini Motorsports, the leading Abarth and FIAT 500 performance car company in North America, introduces its ECU tuning program today, the most powerful horsepower gain available for the FIAT 500 in the United States.

Read the rest http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scagli...09626609066706

Thanks
    Bad news... looks like Will was right. This is what Scagliarini emailed me after I requested more info on the tuning.

Mr. ..............,

Thank you for your communication. We created the ECU tuning program for the FIAT 500 in Italy over the last year. While the engine is the same, the airbox and other emissions are not. As a result, we have decided to revisit the ECU program and will begin testing on a North American car soon; we are not expecting any changes.

Once the ECU program becomes available commerically, we will be happy to contact you to detemine your continued interest. Please accept my apology for the delay in the program, unfortuantley, the North American FIAT 500 is proving far different from its European counterpart; the impacts to aftermarket have been significant.

Regards,

Michael Salvarani

Thanks
    That's disappointing. Well at least they are working on it..

Thanks
    My 500 is going to our shop today to see if we can access the ECU. Stay tuned!

Thanks
    I am skeptical, just like Will from EuroTuning, about getting much improvement from a naturally aspirated engine with an ECU tune. I've ECU tuned many trucks and cars in the past but they've always been turbo diesels where you can mess with the spooltiming etc of the turbo.

Can you honestly get that much HP from a non-turbo engine with an ECU program?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I had a Ford Focus SVT with a naturally aspirated 2.0 L which made 170 HP and I purchsed the diablo ECU tuner and It gave me about 5 HP and torque to the wheels. Another consideration about ECU tuning isnt just about how much HP you're gaining, its also how the ECU tune manages the available power. Although my SVT only got around 5HP gain, the throttle response was night and day as well as it helped adjust the power delivery which made it feel much punchier

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Domdil View Post
    I had a Ford Focus SVT with a naturally aspirated 2.0 L which made 170 HP and I purchsed the diablo ECU tuner and It gave me about 5 HP and torque to the wheels. Another consideration about ECU tuning isnt just about how much HP you're gaining, its also how the ECU tune manages the available power. Although my SVT only got around 5HP gain, the throttle response was night and day as well as it helped adjust the power delivery which made it feel much punchier
    Meant to say punchier low end, since the SVT came with only 145 FT TQ.
    One other thing to consider is the fiat has a pretty respectable power to weight ratio, so every 10 HP at the crank is an increase of 10% which will be more noticable than if you had a 300 HP car that weighed 3500 LBS and you got a 10% increase to 330 HP.
    Some food for thought!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Fiat 500 Forum
    Advertisements