Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I was hoping somebody could shed some light on the issue I’m having, I own a fiat 500 1.2s 2017 and recently noticed a few drops of oil under the car, looking underneath I noticed the entire front of the engine soaked in oil. After taking the air box off I found the culprit, this small pipe like extension off the front of the valve cover. Does anybody know what this is for and is there any way to fix this leak without having to replace the valve cover?
Thanks for your time
Adam

Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
Might be the crankcase ventilation with something missing. That may be the pcv valve. Should not be open to atmosphere if thats what we are seeing. Is the hose part that reads FoMoCo, in front and to the right, also open ended?

with a compromised pcv system you can blow out oil past seals and gaskets, or out any part not sealed as it should be.

you may have some plumbing missing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might be the crankcase ventilation with something missing. That may be the pcv valve. Should not be open to atmosphere if thats what we are seeing. Is the hose part that reads FoMoCo, in front and to the right, also open ended?

with a compromised pcv system you can blow out oil past seals and gaskets, or out any part not sealed as it should be.

you may have some plumbing missing.
I did think it had something to do with the PCV system but I’m struggling to find much info about these engines online. Just a couple of questions, what’s the FoMoCo? Is it visible in the pictures I’ve taken? If not I’ll grab some clearer pictures tomorrow and maybe you can point me in the right direction.
Thanks for the response :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yes a black rubber tube with numbers and FoMoCo (Ford Motor Company) on it visible in the second photo could that be missing an elbow that attaches to the leaking piece?
Your engine is different than what I have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, unfortunately that tube goes directly into the air box, I think it’s an odd perspective in the photo but the tube is huge compared to the small spout oil seems to be dribbling out of. Still wouldn’t rule out some sort of pcv system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts