Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished up a deal for my new POP. It's a copper on ivory, automatic, B&M, BOSE, sunroof, etc. Sticker: $20,200.

They sold the car for $18,500 less the $1,500 rebate for a price of $17,000. The lifetime extended service contract from FIATUSA was originally $2,995. They discounted it to $2,495. This price was $1,200 cheaper than the other dealer with whom I was working. That's pretty significant. How interesting that the one price concept seems to have gone out the window pretty quickly.

It's funny how one dealer holds fast to sticker and another will deal easily. What sort of discounting has been taking place on cars purchased by members here?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had heard about Pops having a $1,500 rebate IF they didn't have B&M.

My dealer (Mexico) didn't give me a cent of discount. Which is odd - after all, the plant is, like, 30 kms away from my house. Shouldn't cars be cheaper around here..?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

I bought my car on June 1st. It was a fairly early Pop, with the spare tire being the only option. Since it wasn't fitted with Blue & Me, my dealer discounted the dealer price of Blue & Me ($440) on my car.

As a side note several weeks later, after reading some of the posts on this (and other) board(s), I saw that some local dealers in my area were offering $1500 rebates on more fully equipped Pops, but I noticed that on at least one website there was a small disclaimer that said something to the effect of the offer being subject to previous sales, or something along those lines.

I'm not totally sure what the disclaimer meant, but one thought that occurred was perhaps that some of the cars listed as being discounted or with a rebate may have either been cars that had been returned, cars from sales that had fallen through, or maybe even cars that had been used by the dealership prior to sale/resale. I'm not sure if that was really the case though, or just me reading more into the fine print than I should.

Regards

Pat

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I bought my car on June 1st. It was a fairly early Pop, with the spare tire being the only option. Since it wasn't fitted with Blue & Me, my dealer discounted the dealer price of Blue & Me ($440) on my car.

As a side note several weeks later, after reading some of the posts on this (and other) board(s), I saw that some local dealers in my area were offering $1500 rebates on more fully equipped Pops, but I noticed that on at least one website there was a small disclaimer that said something to the effect of the offer being subject to previous sales, or something along those lines.

I'm not totally sure what the disclaimer meant, but one thought that occurred was perhaps that some of the cars listed as being discounted or with a rebate may have either been cars that had been returned, cars from sales that had fallen through, or maybe even cars that had been used by the dealership prior to sale/resale. I'm not sure if that was really the case though, or just me reading more into the fine print than I should.

Regards

Pat
The Pop with the $1,500 offered to me had almost no miles on it whatsoever so I don't really see it being a used car and if someone did own and drive they must have drove home and back ONLY. While I am uncertain why they are offering it I just don't think it is because they are "used" cars or even returns with the I think less than 20 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Feel sorry for anyone in Texas. FIAT of Austin is selling over MSRP because of their popularity there.
Really? That's unfortunate.

When I initially heard about the car I was very happy that Fiat said they were going to do "no-haggle" pricing because I was afraid that some dealers would try to charge a premium on some models if they were in high demand otherwise, but I had assumed that with "no-haggle" pricing it would prevent dealers from trying to charge a premium.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

The Pop with the $1,500 offered to me had almost no miles on it whatsoever so I don't really see it being a used car and if someone did own and drive they must have drove home and back ONLY. While I am uncertain why they are offering it I just don't think it is because they are "used" cars or even returns with the I think less than 20 miles on the odometer.
Thanks for the feedback. I was curious based on some stuff I had seen on the internet.

I can't find the original webpage from the local dealer (I believe that they sold the three models that were on sale). However, here is a webpage from a different dealer somewhere else in the country showing the $1000 off deal that they are offering on their "selected demo models" http://www.fiatusaofmckinney.com/specials/index.htm

Here also is an add from an independent(?) used car dealer that appears to be offering a Fiat 500 with 71 miles on it. http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?ct=u&address=&resultCar=299318221&dealership_view_name=cohassetimports&car_id=299318221&dealer_id=70440

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Really? That's unfortunate.

When I initially heard about the car I was very happy that Fiat said they were going to do "no-haggle" pricing because I was afraid that some dealers would try to charge a premium on some models if they were in high demand otherwise, but I had assumed that with "no-haggle" pricing it would prevent dealers from trying to charge a premium.

Regards

Pat
My local studio here in CT has a BS sticker on each car for paint protection and fabric protection. Adds nearly $800 to the price of the car. After telling me they would disregard it in my deal, they wound up being $1,200 more expensive than another studio on the same car. And that studio is in BOSTON! I'm therefore driving an hour to pick my car up on Sunday.

Seriously, the Boston studio did the deal via email, took me seriously, has held the car for me on my word AND discounted the lifetime warranty, too. Seriously. Obviously, this could blow up on me when I get there, but so far they've been fantastic.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

My local studio here in CT has a BS sticker on each car for paint protection and fabric protection. Adds nearly $800 to the price of the car. After telling me they would disregard it in my deal, they wound up being $1,200 more expensive than another studio on the same car. And that studio is in BOSTON! I'm therefore driving an hour to pick my car up on Sunday.

Seriously, the Boston studio did the deal via email, took me seriously, has held the car for me on my word AND discounted the lifetime warranty, too. Seriously. Obviously, this could blow up on me when I get there, but so far they've been fantastic.
Hi,

Good luck with your purchase. :)

Its unfortunate about the other dealer. In the past when I shopped for previous cars, if I saw stuff like underbody coating or other stuff I didn't really want, I would usually go to a different dealer instead. (I figured I didn't want to try and start negotiations with a dealer who was already starting from a higher cost than I wanted).

Previously when I've shopped for cars, I've sometimes felt a little uncomfortable fearing that any discounts I might get negotiating on cost, the dealer might just then make up by trying to low-ball me on trade-in value or something else.

With my Fiat I was very happy that they had just what I wanted in stock (a base manual Pop with the only option being a spare tire), and the price on the window was what I paid (plus of course tax, title & licensing, and a small processing fee), minus a small discount because the car was an early one without Blue&Me. The only thing we really needed to negotiate was trade-in, and I was happy enough with what they offered that this wasn't too big an issue either.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
175 Posts
I bought a 500 C last Saturday and was able get $500 off MSRP and $200 off the $400 cost of a body stripe for a total of $700. Not a huge amount but it did cover the cost of gap insurance on my financing. Absolutely love the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Picked up my car yesterday. When I tell you the staff at Kelly FIAT of Peabody was fantastic, I mean that in the strongest sense of the word. Everyone connected with them was wonderful. The deal was exactly as described in email, and the car was perfect when picked up. I'm very impressed.

...and just 'cause I'm a guy...the "concierge" manager (Kendra) is amazingly beautiful! :eek: Had my wife not been there, I'd have probably bought each and every add on product she tried to sell me...wow...

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Picked up my car yesterday. When I tell you the staff at Kelly FIAT of Peabody was fantastic, I mean that in the strongest sense of the word. Everyone connected with them was wonderful. The deal was exactly as described in email, and the car was perfect when picked up. I'm very impressed.

...and just 'cause I'm a guy...the "concierge" manager (Kendra) is amazingly beautiful! :eek: Had my wife not been there, I'd have probably bought each and every add on product she tried to sell me...wow...
Looked her up. She is cute :)

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.