Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or 180 km/hr in Canuk speak...that's as fast as I have had my Fiat to date.
Anybody else see what their car will top out at?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
181km/h flat out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I might be the strange one however, my car only goes fast in the canyon. Never understood the need to go fast in a straight line....
agreed, my 500 is my first car, I've only had motorcycles previously and I know there are very few cars in the world that would match or exceed the speed experience on two wheels. I love my 500 but am not to interested in how fast it goes, except in the corners.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I posted it to see if others are seeing the same numbers, so i can gauge if I am making any progress so far modifying the car.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I think I've gone 80...once.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
My motorcycle does 80 in first anyway. She won't ride on the back. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I cannot even say for certain but I know I have passed 90MPH and I think a bit over 100MPH in the 500 but I am not certain exactly the fastest I have done in it and don't really care for that kind of speed in the 500 like I did in other cars, not sure why as it feels fine doing it, maybe it's just me not wanting to do it anymore. Seems someone else mentioned top speed some time ago, maybe even last year and I want to say it was about at the 112MPH or so roughly, seems it was around that cause it was about 14MPH (14 being one of my two favorite #s I guess I recalled it) slower than the SS would top out

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I agree with the others, I have had it up to 100 a couple times at the end of a fast mountain run showing a sion box my rear license plate if he had binocculars. This car is for canyons and tight twisty mountain roads. Not really interested in freeways, drag racing or any straight line performance.

·
Registered
289 Posts
165kph so far. I get scared after 50 over cause here they take your car, and you lic for 2 days + a monster ticket. Mucho $$$$$

·
Registered
582 Posts
165kph so far. I get scared after 50 over cause here they take your car, and you lic for 2 days + a monster ticket. Mucho $$$$$
Same here, hit about 165kph when I went on a test drive just out of curiosity but then thought "Ok, enough of that...need to be able to get to work tomorrow". I do drive about 120-130 kph which seems to be the real speed limit on our highways on most days.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think I may have touched 100 mph on I80 at some point, but that was about it. My issue usually is when I am passing people, this thing accelerates from 60 on up faster than I would expect it to and, before you know it, you have hit those extra-legal speeds.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
At triple digit speeds, what once was just a long sweeping bend felt more like a fast corner, so I agree - cornering is the car's strong suit too :p

1 - 20 of 40 Posts