Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
431 Posts
If that’s the case I hope the battery dies in the next 10 months since I got warranty left so free battery for me lol

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,863 Posts
It seems to die pretty fast (as little as 23 months!) by just parking in mid-day sun to charge, as long as you leave the motor cover on & avoid opening the hood, or adding any insulation to the 12V.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
431 Posts
Aside from that motor cover that is me 100% I don’t open the hood for anything and she’s always charging in the blazing sun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have done a bit of research on this topic, and I'm pretty sure the Value Everstart 26R battery from Walmart will fit well in the battery compartment of the 500e. It only costs $55, and I'm sure Walmart will install it for you.

Spud
"One Year Free Replacement Warranty" As a rule of thumb, a battery will last about 6 months longer than the warranty. (I know, your uncle has a battery he bought when Jesus was in High School, but that is a rare exception.)

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,863 Posts
Right, but I've seen 12V warranties that are 1-yr free replacement & THEN pro-rated for a total of up to 5 years. The one pictured above does not appear to have the latter.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Hi Alison,
Perhaps you can answer a question for us: The Fiat 500e is covered under a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty. Is the 12V battery covered under this warranty? Or does the 12V battery have a separate, shorter pro-rated warranty, and considered a consumable item?
~abenusa~
Please send us a private message with your VIN. I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Alison
FiatCares

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,863 Posts
Check jumpstarter SOC periodically. I've been loaned 2 different Li-ion jumpstarters:
  • One says "charge every 3 mo" ONLY on its little cloth bag, NOT in its hardcopy manual or on its case !! THAT one DOES lose charge after a while.
  • The other one states it clearly everywhere (bag, case, & manual) but doesn't lose charge anywhere near as fast (probably different batt chemistry).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts