Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
I'm looking for some info.
Looking to see if you know if the 2012 Fiat 500 is able to run a 16 Volt battery ovi I would change the alt to 16 volt charge.
Looking at the new Lithium Ion battery for my car.
>>V-Power<<

Take a look lets talk about this..
OEM battery is Group size 55 500CC
what Amperage is the OEM Alt?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Words from V-Power
The extra voltage Provides a 4 volt cushion if vehicle isn’t running or the battery
Isn’t on charger. Low voltage is your enemy and destroys components.

The alternator will need to charge 19 volts to maintain a 16 volt agm battery
Or 18 volts for a lithium. Im going to suggest an agm for this build.
The alternator will need a larger regulator. Is this an internal or
External regulator? Like 4 pictures of the alternator and regulator
If it is an external regulated system.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What's your intended gain? Is this for a show-modded stereo where you'll be demoing the setup when the car isn't running? Judging by your sig that's what I'm guessing, in which case I assume you're not too interested in what FIAT tells you. Good luck, sounds interesting. I'd never even heard of 16V batteries.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's your intended gain? Is this for a show-modded stereo where you'll be demoing the setup when the car isn't running? Judging by your sig that's what I'm guessing, in which case I assume you're not too interested in what FIAT tells you. Good luck, sounds interesting. I'd never even heard of 16V batteries.

True, I want more voltage when the car is off so my audio system will have more power and less heat, The only thing I need to know from Fiat is if the electrical system will handle the 16 volt (I'm sure it can) just want to make sure.
After looking at the Alt I will need to buy a used one or replacement unit so i can have it modified to 19v charge.
Overall I dont think it will be a problem right now it is the alt and space that are the problem..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.