Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks so nice with 17's and lowered. Too bad I'm already scraping my driveway as it is. I can't afford to go any lower.
From what I understand the front and rear heights are asymmetric, so it would be possible to lower the rear for a more level look without scrapping anywhere else. Also, the scraping is definitely the front air dam, which is just cheap flexible rubber, I wouldn't remove it because it improves aerodynamics and range but I'm also not worried about it scraping a little.

·
Registered
11 Posts
From what I understand the front and rear heights are asymmetric, so it would be possible to lower the rear for a more level look without scrapping anywhere else. Also, the scraping is definitely the front air dam, which is just cheap flexible rubber, I wouldn't remove it because it improves aerodynamics and range but I'm also not worried about it scraping a little.
Looking back, a good example of this is Motron3000 3rd pic in the #12 post in this discussion - he changed to 17s but hadn't lowered it, you can see the front fender gap is smaller but the rear is much larger. You could lower the rear ~1" to make everything even and not worry about the front clearance - which is what I hope to do at some point.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,120 Posts
I put on 17x7.5, 35 offset, with 215/40R17's...
What make & model of 215s? Which reminds me I forgot to mention my 205s are Hankook Ventus V2 Concept 2. It makes a difference because not every 205 has the same width (mine are barely wider than the stock 185s!)

TireRack has a fairly complete set of width specs, for tread, & in our case more importantly overall sidewall width, HOWEVER you need to calculate based on your rim width compared to the rim width used to measure overall width. In other words, if your rims are 1" wider, it will widen the sidewall (at the bulge about halfway from the tread to the rim) by about 1/2" overall (about 1/4" on each side, inboard & outboard).

·
Registered
9 Posts
What make & model of 215s?
Federal SS-595. From the specs it looks like they measure them on 7.5 wide rims: section width 223 mm, tread width 190 mm.

Re: aPizzaBagel? talking about just lowering the rear, here's what that looked like on my car, with 1 coil cut in the rear, stock front:

That left the rear a little lower than the front, but it didn't really look bad. I did proceed to lower the front with Abarth springs, and now the front is lower than the rear, and I want to trim the rear springs a little more to reduce the rake and rear gap.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts