Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 1993, Fiat City car concept was developed way before the smart car ICE, or EV. It featured composite body panels. 3 passenger layout. Driver position centered to the front of vehicle. Rear wheel drive, electric motor. I found this vehicle on You Tube. It’s ashamed, Fiat never bought it to the market.

<span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: rgb(51, 51, 51); color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">

·
Registered
666 Posts
Makes the Smart look oversized. 100 mile range in town, top speed of 60. I doubt they could have produced it with the batteries we had that long ago, though.

Naturally, it would have never been a US import. If you are interested in odd looking mini-EVs, there are a couple at our local used car lot, that they can't sell.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Makes the Smart look oversized. 100 mile range in town, top speed of 60. I doubt they could have produced it with the batteries we had that long ago, though.

Naturally, it would have never been a US import. If you are interested in odd looking mini-EVs, there are a couple at our local used car lot, that they can't sell.
Battery technology and controller technology makes the numbers they quotes a bit under the "perfect scenario". Then that would be for about the first 2-3 charges. It's funny that they were working on electric hub motors. They still are working on them. Protean got bought by NEVS. We'll see where this goes.
https://www.nevs.com/en/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts