Discussion Starter · #1 ·

hidden plate install

hidden

exposed

more to come I'm sure.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Nice photo work... the wide angle lens interior shots are pretty cool. The hidden plate is nice too. Wish the dealer had not installed the plate on my car before I bought it, otherwise I'd be all over that lil toy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dealer drilled plates into my bumper when I bought this in for its first service, I refused to take the car back until they had replaced the bumper. (they used self-tapping screws and the urethane was stressed beyond repair from it.

a week later, I picked up the car, still furious with the dealer, with a brand new bumper cover.

its not too late if they did it without asking. (EDIT, didnt see you bought it like that. I see, luckily I took delivery before Fiat NA even had front plate brackets)

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
mine was brand new without the plates and i told them i wouldn't buy it if they put a plate on the front. They never did

·
Registered
317 Posts
My cars sale sticker actually listed the front bumper plate holder as a standard option and were on all the Fiats on the lot. Maybe its a MA law? I actually prefer the OEM mount over the aftermarket mounts. They wont last in the snow having to drive through plowed in driveways and parking lots in the winter months.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that hidden plate there has been through a full MN winter and has not had one problem with it (including days of 7" accumulation).

IMO the OEM mount is hideous and ruins a lot of the 500's appeal to me..

plus I hate front plates in general, I only leave it up when parked to avoid tickets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts