Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, 2 weeks of (HAPPY, SPEEDY, FUN!) ownership........aaaaaaand my USB port is dead. I tried different cords, different devices......nothing. It will not recognize any device plugged into it. "NO SOURCE AVAILABLE." I was LOVING the steering wheel control of the iPod functions. I was LOVING the Bose stereo.

I was unplugging the iPod and taking it with me when I left the car, so the port can't be fried. Believe me, I tried everything, resetting my devices, trying it with the car running, not running, etc. I consulted the manual, looked online, and haven't found any answers. Reeeeeally wanting to avoid a trip to a Fiat service bay, the nearest one is a haul from where I am.

I called the dealership just to ask if there was some "trick" or some magic procedure to get it to work again, on the chance that it was me that did something stupid. Nope, they'd never heard of this problem.

Any ideas, O Oracles of Cinquecento Knowledge???? I am SO DISAPPOINTED that something has already gone wrong, only two weeks into ownership. Please help!

·
Registered
765 Posts
unfortunately in all electronics there is a small percentage that fail. The good part is they almost always do so within a few months so you are within warranty. Sounds like you got a bad chip or wiring harness or the like. I just wish the USB didn't play music at reduced gain...sounds very soft compared to CD or AUX

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
unfortunately in all electronics there is a small percentage that fail. The good part is they almost always do so within a few months so you are within warranty. Sounds like you got a bad chip or wiring harness or the like. I just wish the USB didn't play music at reduced gain...sounds very soft compared to CD or AUX
That's right, so once it's fixed and works for any length of time, you should be good. In addition, when you go in for service, they can download the latest version of the firmware for your main computer in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.