Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2nd week of ownership:
1-Check Engine light is on-I fully loosened and tighted gas cap with multiple clicks-5 days later, light still on
2-Car stalling on deceleration-When coming to a stop in traffic, car will stall once put in neutral. Has happened while my wife has driven the car (it's her car) and me passenger. I've tried to get it to stall but couldn't......but I rarely drive it.

Fiat dealer said it's a "torn hose" and they were getting the new part and it would take a week and a half to get. But they patch up the hose in my wife's car enough so it should be OK until the part comes.

I told the dealer that will take back her car when it's 100% fixed and asked for a free loaner until then. So that's what we got ('12 Yaris LE) until the Fiat comes back.

My wife is now spooked a little that she traded in an Infinity for something that will be problematic. I told her to chill and probably just a fluke.....hopefully I'm right.

Anybody else had this issue?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
23,000 miles on mine and no trouble, I an guessing your problems are a fluke.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'd be careful when using the L-word to describe a car. Lemon laws vary by state and strictly define what a lemon is. Real lemons are not cars that have a few minor problems taken care of under warranty. Lemons are cars that make you want to push the car over a cliff with the salesman inside it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sounds like the 2 problems are related. Don't worry about it. Although it's unfortunate at least you get a loaner. Overall I think most of the members here have had a positive first year with there cars, with a few exceptions.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I'd be careful when using the L-word to describe a car. Lemon laws vary by state and strictly define what a lemon is. Real lemons are not cars that have a few minor problems taken care of under warranty. Lemons are cars that make you want to push the car over a cliff with the salesman inside it.
I agree, LOL!

·
Registered
147 Posts
It will be interesting when the first reliability data come out (I am keeping my eyes on truedelta.com). Anecdotally, the 500 launch has gone very well, with no massive, humiliating recalls, and positive experiences thus far from the various outlets running long-term tests (Edmunds.com, C/D, M/T, Automobile). Fiat desperately needs positive reliability outcomes, since even average reliability (every make/car has stuff go wrong, every one) will probably not quiet the "Fix It Again Tony" peanut gallery. Of course, anecdotes are like another a-word in that everyone has one. My own car had virtually flawless assembly quality and the few small niggles I have experienced did not rise to the level of requiring a dealer visit. Here's hoping for more of the same.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My wife had hers 7 days when it had its first service light. I stuck my ODB reader on the car and it pointed to some kind of emissions leak, tightening the gas cap didn't do anything. We brought it in and they replaced the gas cap and the light went out. She does have one other issue which is that sometimes she turns on her radio and although the station shows on the display there is no audio except when on satellite. She has to turn off the car and turn it back on again to get the audio to work. Hard issue to try and resolve since we haven't been able to reproduce, it's an arbitrary thing.

Absolutely no issues on my 500.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts