Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like any information regarding what it would take to install a used battery pack for a total of 2 x 24kwh packs in my 500e. If anyone has a link or information, I would be grateful. Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
That would be a tall ask for such a small car. I don't know of anyone who has done it but I would imagine removing the rear seat and taking up that space would be involved. You can see from this picture that the battery takes up about 75% of the length of the car. You will also need to worry about cooling as well. Liquid cooling might not be such a good idea if the battery is in the cabin but air cooled might be fine.

·
Registered
734 Posts
You'll far exceed the GVWR of the car IMHO...the batteries are HEAVY.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
Here's what I would do. Get one of those cheap trailer kits. Assemble it and then bolt a 3.5 hp Briggs and Stratton engine on to the floor and attach it to an alternator. Then run some jumper cables under the car and hook up the battery terminals to the alternator.

Get yourself a red MAGA hat and drive it to a Trump rally!

TEdolph

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here's what I would do. Get one of those cheap trailer kits. Assemble it and then bolt a 3.5 hp Briggs and Stratton engine on to the floor and attach it to an alternator. Then run some jumper cables under the car and hook up the battery terminals to the alternator.

TEdolph
Don't forget to remove the 500e badges and put on the Hammerhead Eagle iThrust ones!

·
Registered
734 Posts
How about an electrically powered alternator that charges the battery while you drive :p

S

·
0 Posts
You can't charge the car while it is in drive. It is one or the other. By design, you can't put the car into drive while it's plugged in.

·
Registered
1 Posts

TEdolph
Hey how do you do this and do you have links to buy the parts?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey how do you do this and do you have links to buy the parts?
He was joking. There's no easy way to add a range extender to a FIAT 500e.

You necroed this thread. It was from 3 years ago. There are a ton more options for longer range EVs now then back then.

ga2500ev

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
359 Posts
There was a company called scudera or something in Italy that made a 50kw battery pack for these cars but it’s a huge undertaking and expensive. It’s like 2x of the cost of a nice used 500e.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts