Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

I have recently bought a 2008 500 1.2 lounge. The odometer has started to flash and I am getting intermittent power steering fault messages. The car has just been serviced and I have been informed that the 'body control module' may be at fault.

Please could anyone tell me where it is located and if you can change it privately.

Many thanks

Greg

·
Registered
794 Posts
OK, you're getting views but no responses. This is a north american-focused group, (and I suspect you are elsewhere) so we're all 2012 model year owners, and no one has a 1.2 l engine. Not that there aren't some mechanically skilled folks here, but your symptoms haven't appeared to anyone here as far as I know.

Hope you get it sorted.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
for the U.S. markets, and Chrysler in general, any BCM's must be ordered by VIN and are 'flashed' at the dealership once installed in your vehicle. but as the others have said, I too have no idea if this is also the procedure for any foreign market vehicles.

the only advice I could give you is to contact your local FIAT dealers Parts Dept and ask them. they should be able to tell you where it's located in the vehicle and if its a 'plug and play' part or not.

best of luck to you! :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Dear All

I have recently bought a 2008 500 1.2 lounge. The odometer has started to flash and I am getting intermittent power steering fault messages. The car has just been serviced and I have been informed that the 'body control module' may be at fault.

Please could anyone tell me where it is located and if you can change it privately.

Many thanks

Greg
The first thing you should consider doing, before looking at replacing the BCM (probably behind the RH body panel in the trunk), it to go around all the electrical system grounds in the body and frame, and make sure non are loose, and are free of corrosion.

Also, make sure the battery is fully charged up, and not getting weak after 4 years of use.

Next up would be to disconnect the connections to the electrical power steering rack, check for corrosion, clean it up, and reconnect.
That's a common issue with the first couple years (04, 05, and 06) of the Mazda RX-8, which also has electric power steering.

BC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts