Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently bought a 2009 Abarth 500 (EU) and I've now run into the problem with playing music from spotify via the factory stereo. I'm hoping someone here has had a similar issue and knows a solution :)

As far as I have learned I have a couple of different options but I'm not sure which one would be the easiest/most usable one.

I could use an AUX cable that plugs into the back of the stereo but as far as I know this would mean I lose the functionality of the steering wheel buttons?

Or, I could try to find an existing AUX input though I haven't been able to find where one would be located. (I have the one with only a Windows USB port and no AUX down by the cup-holders.)

Or, I could use an aftermarket stereo with bluetooth but on this one I'm not sure how the connections would work out.

Or finally, I could buy one of those bluetooth connection "boxes" that you piggyback off of the existing wiring behind the stereo. (This one's expensive and I know even less about actually wiring this as well as the functionality of it).

These are the options I've been able to locate online but there's surprisingly little information on this based on what I've seen so far, I'm hoping someone's sitting on more knowledge here :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I recently bought a 2009 Abarth 500 (EU) and I've now run into the problem with playing music from spotify via the factory stereo. I'm hoping someone here has had a similar issue and knows a solution :)

As far as I have learned I have a couple of different options but I'm not sure which one would be the easiest/most usable one.

I could use an AUX cable that plugs into the back of the stereo but as far as I know this would mean I lose the functionality of the steering wheel buttons?

Or, I could try to find an existing AUX input though I haven't been able to find where one would be located. (I have the one with only a Windows USB port and no AUX down by the cup-holders.)

Or, I could use an aftermarket stereo with bluetooth but on this one I'm not sure how the connections would work out.

Or finally, I could buy one of those bluetooth connection "boxes" that you piggyback off of the existing wiring behind the stereo. (This one's expensive and I know even less about actually wiring this as well as the functionality of it).

These are the options I've been able to locate online but there's surprisingly little information on this based on what I've seen so far, I'm hoping someone's sitting on more knowledge here :)
I’m having the same issue! have you found a solution yet? I’m struggling to find what the best option is too

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m having the same issue! have you found a solution yet? I’m struggling to find what the best option is too
Seems like I'll be going for a complete new stereo. Apparently there's a kit for installing an aftermarket one, complete with the plastic frame to fit make it fit into the dash nicely. Ordered and should arrive in a few weeks, I'll try to remember to make a post on here when I've got it installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts