Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

North America's premiere auto show is set to return to its former glory in 2011 with an extensive list of debuts and a rejuvenated U.S. auto sector, including domestic automakers. Major unveilings will include the BMW 1 Series M Coupe, Hyundai Veloster, Chrysler 300, Volkswagen's new mid-size replacement for the Passat, a Honda Civic Concept, MINI Paceman concept, the next Ford Escape and the Prius MPV.

Check back for breaking updates with coverage from the Detroit Auto Show starting on January 10th.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Speaking of... I'm planning on attending Saturday afternoon on the 15th. My flight gets in around 1:30 and I plan on driving downtown to the show after that. I understand the Fiat will be there (from what the reps told me at the LA Auto Show). Anyone else attending?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Speaking of... I'm planning on attending Saturday afternoon on the 15th. My flight gets in around 1:30 and I plan on driving downtown to the show after that. I understand the Fiat will be there (from what the reps told me at the LA Auto Show). Anyone else attending?
Won't be able to make it, but i will be looking out for event coverage ASAP. I will keep an eye open on Autoguide.com, they are quick with posting event coverage. Take some pic's for us if you can, the more the better :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to the Detroit auto show on Monday to see the Fiat 500. I really liked setting in the car and poking around the different (Sport and Lounge) cars Fiat had displayed. The doors and rear hatch closed with a nice sound, not tinny if you know what I mean.

The only problem I had was with the buttons on the dash for sport, emergency and fog lights, located in the center of the dash. If you pushed firmly on any one of these, you could see the other respective buttons move slightly (inward?). It's as if the circuit board they were mounted on was too thin and not supported from behind enough. They need to feel solid.

They did have a good tactile feel though.

This may not seem like a big deal, but on a premium small car it is unacceptable. Remember this car will be compared to the MINI Cooper.

Please Fiat read this and look into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts