Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a little poking around on old threads and couldn't find anything specific to this car. I have a 2012 500 sport manual transmission that needs a new set of CV axles.

I have had every parts house look, I have tried every website i can think of but no one seems to have the axles for this car. The passenger side seems to be one piece with the intermediary shaft or whatever it's called. I pulled it out in one piece from the transmission. The drivers side has a splined shaft on both sides. I have tried a number of different axles and all of them have different size bearings than my axles do. I expect they are intended to not be separated at the boot like some of the others. Manufacturing date is oct 12.

Anyone know of a place that I could find them? I really don't want to put $1000 in parts from a dealer in a car that might be worth $2000

Thanks,

Jake

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try calling Indianapolis Rack and Axle at 800-733-0215. You can send them your axles and they will rebuild them at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try calling Indianapolis Rack and Axle at 800-733-0215. You can send them your axles and they will rebuild them at a reasonable price.
Thank you, I don't believe mine can be rebuilt. It seems that one of them is slightly bent.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They may have the means to replace any part that can't be reused. Axles can be straightened . I worked in a machine shop that straightened pump shafts all the time. It may save you some money to talk to them.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I did a little poking around on old threads and couldn't find anything specific to this car. I have a 2012 500 sport manual transmission that needs a new set of CV axles.

I have had every parts house look, I have tried every website i can think of but no one seems to have the axles for this car. The passenger side seems to be one piece with the intermediary shaft or whatever it's called. I pulled it out in one piece from the transmission. The drivers side has a splined shaft on both sides. I have tried a number of different axles and all of them have different size bearings than my axles do. I expect they are intended to not be separated at the boot like some of the others. Manufacturing date is oct 12.

Anyone know of a place that I could find them? I really don't want to put $1000 in parts from a dealer in a car that might be worth $2000

Thanks,

Jake
Are you looking for these, or are you looking for something else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you looking for these, or are you looking for something else?
Interesting, I checked part's geek and could not find them... that appears to be the right ones. I guess the intermediary shaft is a seperate part on those?

Those say naturally aspirated, I wonder if they fit the turbos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help guys, I took them to a company that rebuilds them and they rebuilt them, they said they just needed to be balanced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts