Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm interested in buying a Fiat 500 Abarth. I found this offering on Facebook and would like to know if this is a good deal. 20200214_030358.jpg
20200214_030358.jpg
20200214_030142.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
That’s a tricky one. Low mileage time capsules like that are hard both because the sellers generally want a lot and it’s hard to say what that low of mileage is worth (some will argue a car that’s been sitting that much is going to be a problem). So this is the definition of “it’s worth what someone is willing to pay”. No way I would pay anywhere near that asking when you can get something with reasonable miles that hasn’t been sitting for far less. But someone might, and the seller might well be waiting for someone. If he can leave an Abarth sitting for 8 years and only drive it 1k miles, dudes got patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s a tricky one. Low mileage time capsules like that are hard both because the sellers generally want a lot and it’s hard to say what that low of mileage is worth (some will argue a car that’s been sitting that much is going to be a problem). So this is the definition of “it’s worth what someone is willing to pay”. No way I would pay anywhere near that asking when you can get something with reasonable miles that hasn’t been sitting for far less. But someone might, and the seller might well be waiting for someone. If he can leave an Abarth sitting for 8 years and only drive it 1k miles, dudes got patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The seller said that the car Was owned by a friend of his who passed away. He said the guy was a car collector who daily a normal Fiat 500. It seems like he took really good care of it. But I definitely see your point. Is there an easy way of checking the fuel lines? Thank you so much for your reply.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Agreed, it's worth what he can get for it. If you want a collector car as a garage queen, that's a good price, especially if it is one of the first few built. You could check Carvana. They have a couple w/ under 2500 miles and their cars include home delivery and a return policy.

Myself, I'd avoid the '12 and early '13 because I use my cars. A few problems were ironed out by mid '13. In that price range, I'd be looking at 2015 to 17, with low miles.

·
Registered
12,687 Posts
The only thing you need to worry about on a 2012 model. Is the clutch pressure plate.
Heres what Edmonds appraisers that vehicle for....... Type in the option, color, milage, and condition. The zip code where you live.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi, I bought a 2013 new seven years ago. It only has 28k miles today, primarily used to run around town. It's probably been driven in the rain less than 45 times. I had an aftermarket paint protectant applied at purchase and I can tell you you can NOT see any swirls in the paint to this day. Because I have 4 other vehicles it hard to put mileage on any one of them.

I'd offer the buyer 1/2 price, then start negotiating especially if its going to be your daily driver.

Oh, over the years mine had two warranty issues and that's it!!!!! What a great fun, fun, fun car. Its like a rabbit in traffic and everyone loves the sound of the exhaust. It has every option available in 2013 but the Bose sound system but I don't hear to well anyway. So much fun to drive.

Bottomline, if you get it you'll love it!!!!

The one downside is, with such low miles if any problems crop up you won't have a warranty to fall back on which might end up taking a lot out of your pocket. That's a good negotiating point, that the car doesn't come with a warranty.

Good luck,
..rickko..

Hi I'm interested in buying a Fiat 500 Abarth. I found this offering on Facebook and would like to know if this is a good deal. View attachment 108312

1 - 8 of 8 Posts