Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know I'm following the updates inside line keeps on posting on their Fiat 500.

Since this is the largest Fiat 500 community I've seen so far, with tons of Fiat 500 owners... I figured this question from the article would be good to ask here...

What do you think? Do you like the odo trip reset at the end of the stalk?

I filled the fuel tank of our long-term 2012 Fiat 500 Sport for the first time over the weekend. We keep track of fuel economy here so I had to reset the trip odo. I struggled with the Menu buttons in the lower right of the above pic for a good 10 minutes, then gave up and did some RTFM.

It turns out the trip reset is on the end of the right stalk (photo on the jump.) Our long-term Chevy Cruze also has the trip reset at the tip of the stalk.

I suppose once you know where it is, the tip of the stalk location is very convenient for the trip reset. And I would imagine it is easier to manufacture in this location compared with putting a peg through a hole in the meters' plastic cover. Additionally, the stalk already controls many functions and adding one other wouldn't be too much of a problem.

What do you think? Do you like the odo trip reset at the end of the stalk?

Albert Austria, Senior VE Engineer @ 8,700 miles

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes, I like it very much. I like being able to easily scroll through the various progress readings, and resetting them at will. I'd like it much less if they were in the EVIC controls.

·
Registered
145 Posts
To be honest, I had to go back to the dealer to figure this one out. Kind of embarrassing but what the heck, they have great espresso. :)

Probably would have been easy if I'd read the manual, but I'm a guy, and we don't ask directions or read the manuals. :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yeah, it's great, very uncontested. My wife's Civic has a button on the dash that does the same thing. I hate loads of buttons splattered all over a car dash, so the stalk button is perfect for me.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I really like the location, but I do NOT like all of the 'functions' that I have to scroll through to get back to "Home" which is for me, the Date.

while I must admit I've not checked it, but can I turn 'off' some of the functions from the EVIC, such as all of the "Trip B" functions? when doing my daily driving, I just want to access "Date", "Ave MPG", "Instant MPG" and that's it.

also, I would like the "Caller ID" to display on the RADIO, not my EVIC. since the radio is inop when talking on my phone, the display only says "PHONE" which is kind of redundant. also, when I'm on the phone, my "Instant MPG" display which I usually have 'on' while driving, disappears, leaving me no idea as to my driving habits while using the Blue & Me.

just my opinion. I really LOVE this car and I find out something new about it nearly every day since I got it in July. :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
To be honest, I had to go back to the dealer to figure this one out. Kind of embarrassing but what the heck, they have great espresso. :)

Probably would have been easy if I'd read the manual, but I'm a guy, and we don't ask directions or read the manuals. :)
LOL....don't feel bad 'Rev', I did the same thing but I eventually figured it out on my own. while the owners manual IS full of info, its like having to read the entire collection of the Encylopedia Brittanica just to find out the history of the Jelly Bean. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes, you can turn off Trip B in the EVIC options. One of the first things I did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts