Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks as if Fiat 500 cargo space isn't an issue since this one guy was able to fit all of the stuff he had while on a mini vacation, he was able to fit his luggage bag and even some riding gear for his motorcycle. Not bad at all for a super small car....

I just got off of a plane from Vancouver, where I was driving the new Range Rover Evoque, and grabbed a taxi back to our Santa Monica headquarters. Then I did a quick costume change into my motorcycle gear for a night video shoot (story forthcoming). When I got back to the garage, I wondered if all of my luggage and riding gear would fit in the back with the cargo cover in place. In essence, "Will it fit?"

Yes, of course, as you can see in the photo. And yes, I know it's a crappy iPhone photo, but I did that on purpose. After all, I don't want to give away what the bike in the background is, do I? Got any guesses? And no, you cannot blow up the photo.

In my tired state, I didn't have the energy to dig through my luggage to find some sensible shoes. Instead, I kept the motorcycle boots on. I don't recommend this. It's like trying to work an iPhone with mittens on. Ladies, I'll never understand how you can drive in stilettos.

Mark Takahashi, Automotive Editor

·
Registered
475 Posts
The 500 has plenty of room.

This is my ride 10 years ago, packed 2-up for a two week ride from south Florida to Yellowstone.
We made it home in 2 days, btw.

If we fit it all, the 500 can fit lots more.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I think the space is one of the truly unappreciated aspects of this car. Everybody loves cute and everybody raves about mpgs, but the interior designers deserve much respect for their work on this car.

·
Registered
453 Posts
No kidding. I've fit four people, including two (middle school) football players AND all their gear and school bags, AND a violin in its case. This thing has bunches of room. :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I do wish the rear seats would fold down flat.
How about a proper delete kit for the rear seats?
Something in a durable surface, dog/work-friendly, hard to scratch and easy to clean...
I don't know any humans that can fit in that back seat anyhow. I'm 6'5" and can't even get back there to vacuum.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I fit a full sized porch rocker and the side table in it. That's unbelievable. I sat in the back of mine for the first time this weekend and had no issues getting in, out or being comfy. It was cozy, but then, I like cozy. I'm 5'10".

·
Registered
7 Posts
With the rear seats down, I can fit my road bicycle (front wheel removed) in the back and my gear. When I need to carry more than one bike and person, I just pop on the bike carrier on the back (factory receiver hitch) -- then I can carry up to four bikes and four people. Cool!

·
Registered
145 Posts
-- then I can carry up to four bikes and four people. Cool!
Must be pretty small people! With the driver's seat back all the way there isn't enough room for a passenger.

All you who keep making the claim that there is plenty of room need to take off the rose colored glasses. Nobody buys a small car for the cargo capacity, that's what the family truckster is for. :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I kept my Caravan for it's cargo capacity... better than most trucks once the seats are out. But I think the point is that you don't have to run for the truck/van/whatever as soon as you have more than one passenger and a suitcase to carry around.

·
Registered
825 Posts
No rose-colored glasses here. Do you think I could fit a rocker and a table or $250 in Sam's club purchases in my old Saturn or the wife's Civic? **** no, and those cars are larger than my FIAT by half.

I don't run my seat all the way back in any case, and I'd be a nice guy and run it up a little farther for their comfort. But that's just me. :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can 2 roller bags fit in the 'trunk'?

Here's a related question. I'm about to rent a 2013 Fiat 500 from Hertz and will have two regular American sized rolling luggage bags. Will I be able to fit them both in the 'trunk' without folding down the seats? Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts