Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Adding a link with all of the available LED options for the FIAT 500, there are also links for the required flasher and load resistors. See the left side of the page for bulb types and note there are in several cases several options so you can determine the brightness level you'd prefer.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/vehicle/2012-fiat-500--/19-2048--/

Ok here is a visual guide for the dome light. If you don't have a sunroof it should still be the same.
Here is my dome light assembly. I have the Blue&Me(i think everyone does now) and the sunroof.

View attachment 1583

Insert a flathead screw driver between the light fixture and the sunroof assembly. This took a bit of careful, gently prying (i didn't want to scratch anything.) I focused on the front (closest to the sunroof switch) and close to the corners cause there are clips there.

View attachment 1584

Here it is disconnected there are 2 wires

View attachment 1585

Another pic of the 2 wires, the one connected to the side is for the lights, the other one wrapped in foamy stuff is to the microphone for the Blue&Me.

View attachment 1586

Here is the back side of it notice the clips at the top near the corners. Also be aware i had to peel off a lot of the foamy cover on the Mic wire to be able to unclip the plug.

View attachment 1587

Insert flathead in one of the 2 side openings and pop it, then you should be able to open it with your fingers.

View attachment 1588

Here it is open there are 2 festoon bulbs in the center, thats what you need to replace (or upgrade to LEDs)

View attachment 1589

Heres a close up of the bulbs. i would suggest if you get LEDs, to angle them since most are directional, not sure just yet what the best angle is yet though, either toward the lenses like a / \ upside down V angle, or maybe up at an angle cause the white piece seems to be a reflector of sorts.

View attachment 1590

Theres your guide, installation is reverse of removal. Hope you enjoy! If you have questions i can try to answer them

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
anybody find any good lights for the dome?

Sent from my Argento 500
I just used a single festoon size 36 replacement, laying around. It looks cool for now, but not sure how it looks at night. I will need to order a pair as I just had one to test out.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think if you have an all black interior, or more specifically a black headliner you get a black dome lens. If you have a light colored headliner you got the white (more like cream) one.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Mine also smoked/tinted,

I have heard that the roomlight unit can be ordered but they are somewhat costy according to my studio service manager.

One of the funny/rediculous thing that I heard from the service manager is that Fiat/Chrysler does not have some small parts as individual part # (ex: dome light bulb, door hinge bolts/nuts, etc) if they ever gone wrong, they have to order the whole assembly, (I don't know whether they will order the whole new door just to get the bolts, but for dome light bulbs, they have to order the whole dome light units/assembly to fix one burnt bulb.) They said they dont have the RIGHT part number for the bulbs.

Of course they can get the bulbs from the auto parts shop but he said it cannot be done b/c service order said to change the whole unit.

Anyone wants to add comment on this? perhaps, Jonathan from Chrysler/Fiat Care? I would like to know if those comments are true..

·
Registered
856 Posts
forgot to add my comparison pics.

They look great! im guessing they look blue b/c of camera white balancing.

Are they brighter than yellow lights that we have now? (hopefully..)

How did you set up your angle of the LED bulbs?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 132 Posts