Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys. New here but not new to the 500. I’ve owned my 500 pop since day 1 2013. No real issues. Except for an era light I need to look into…. Anyways, Today I noticed the vehicle would not go over 80 mph initially on the highway. It would loose power. As in it would no longer accelerate or rev. I would let it coast for a few seconds than it would drive. No messages on the dash. No check engine light. I noticed it will do it now more consistently with spirited throttle request. Kind of feels like a discrepancy between throttle position sensors. Any know failures with pedal position sensors or throttle bodies? Anyone Else experience such concern?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Mileage? Maintenance history? How’s that air filter? What part of the country? What’s an “era” light?

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Replace your spark plugs, dirty fuel injectors, a bad coil pack, dirty air filter. If you car is a automatic, might want To change the Transmission fluid.

Hook up a code reader. See if you
Got a engine management fault.

Do a compression test.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I agree with smark as to the diagnosis procedures, but just thought i should mention. my abarth recently had a miscommunication between the gas peddle, and the rest of the car. And decided that if i Wot or heavy foot the car i got nothing but if i eased the pedal it would allow me to do cruzing speed (45 50 mph) Mine randomly sorted itself out and hasnt happened again. But when it happened a red lightning bolt popped up on the dash in parentheses i believe. and it said there was an accelerator issue. It was suggested that the pedal sensor or tps where going bad . Good luck keep us posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts