Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the 2012 seemed to come out in May of 2011, does that mean we'll see the 2013 soon?

·
Registered
39 Posts
My guess would be probably not. Since that was the actual introduction of the car and brand, releasing it in the US in the spring for a car that is suited for warmer weather kind of makes sense, and I'm sure Fiat wanted it in the US ASAP once they had controlling interest in Chrysler over here. Although it seems that car release model years inch up every year, I would guess the new 2013s will hit the floor sometime in the fall. Pure speculation on my part though!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are there any rumored changes for the '13 model year?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Are there any rumored changes for the '13 model year?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

If I knew as of this moment, I couldnt leak it on a forum.. haha.. its classified.. but the summer should bring with it rumors, pics, articles.. wait a few months.. your curiousity should be addressed. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
From all the complaints and problems. I would think better more durable door panels, fix most of the CEL/lights problems, creaks and squeaks/rattles would be a great upgrade. There is a good chance, last I heard of them coming out with the Abarth(somewhat same spec as Euro Abarth) about 120-130hp, torque I can't remember. Would be a nice 19,900 priced car with slightly better fuel efficiency than the current Abarth.

But realistically, probably won't change anything serious. It is only about a year old...just got to work on build quality/parts. No use in changing the model if they can't put it together well....

·
Registered
765 Posts
There will be some minor changes as always, but the only rumor I've heard that makes sense is a manual lounge model. The 500 has been a pretty stable car in Europe so far as pointless cosmetic changes go. We'll have to see if the company can resist screwing with things too much ;) I think a few more options for engine are very likely, but they may take more than the next model year to come out.

Just holding my breath and hoping we don't get a Fiat 500 clubman type of aboration. IMHO they need to stick to the design and keep from going too far off target. The 500 doesn't need to be all cars for all people...it needs to be what it is...awesome

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I heard they are coming out with a Flux Capacitor...... Just be careful as you hit at 88 MPH and watch that reentry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've had my Pop for a year and couldn't be more pleased -- solid, no squeaks, no rattles. great mpg, and very comfortable. I hope the Cinquecento remains true to its roots. It's a much better example of a vintage update of a classic than that of the MINI. Actually, it's a better car all around; I know I traded my MINI for it.

I was disappointed to read that 4-door and/or hatchback versions may appear in our showrooms. I think the FIAT 500 deserves its own domain uncluttered by forced versions of something it's not. While in Europe recently, I rented a FIAT Qubo mini-mini van -- not pretty, but a great little car. So FIAT, if you're really itching to expand your showroom assortment, send the Qubo and save the Cinquecento for us purists.

·
Registered
825 Posts
We're planning on buying a second 2012 model in the fall. Besides loving this car, I'm concerned about size creep over the next few years. Americans just seem to want things bigger. Saw aa new MINI - it looks like a bloated little piggie!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Several dealers have confirmed that the Lounge will be available with a manual transmission, and the Sport will be available with leather interior.
I've been driving a manual Lounge for a year so it won't take much since they pretty much are available. Hopefully in Canada they will make heated seats available with the manual option.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts