Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Mom is looking to buy a 500 Lounge in the near future. I am normally help to advise my family on cars, as I frequent many auto-related publications and normally know what is coming down the automotive pipeline. I am a Mopar guy, so my knowledge of the 500 is limited at best.

I did some searching around, but as far as I can tell, the only meaningful changes coming to the 500 is the addition of AWD. And it is not even coming to the US for certain. She is not interested in the Abarth.

My request of the Fiat gurus is if there is anything I missed for the 2013 model year 500 that may be worth waiting for. I would hate to tell my Mom to go for it, only to be regretting our decision in the near future as new features come available.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi n1vek,

Based on the info on her preferences that you gave above, the only thing she would have to wait for is if she would like the 500c convertible, which should be here in appx 30-45 days!

Just let us know if there are any more questions!

If

·
Registered
99 Posts
thanks

I'll be buying around xmas but was wondering as well if I should wait for the 2013 model. I'd be happy to see further details about 2013 but it seems that if I can't wait the 2012 will be just fine.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I'll be buying around xmas but was wondering as well if I should wait for the 2013 model. I'd be happy to see further details about 2013 but it seems that if I can't wait the 2012 will be just fine.
as far as i can tell, the only thing that you could get in the 2013 model that you cant get now is the Abarth version or Cabriolet (and as ryan said the cabriolet will be here shortly).

if the standard 1.4 engine is what youd want you are good to go.

......of course, waiting a while always has the advantages of getting any kinks worked out on the car for its first north american run.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Your only problem is if you want the automatic. That is the only kink likely to emerge, because the car only comes with a standard in Europe. So basically you are waiting to see what will happen to the Japanese-made automatic transmission (probably nothing in a year), what the convertible may be like, and how much the prices may rise.

I don't believe we will see the Abarth next year. So far they have been late on all the deadlines, in this is not even promised for next year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the responses guys.

I know she isn't interested in the 500C, and she definitely isn't waiting for an Abarth.

I feel much better letting her know she should pull the trigger on the car she wants. It is going to to be quite the contrast in their garage, as my dad drives a 2011 Ram 4x4 with a Hemi :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Thanks for all the responses guys.

I know she isn't interested in the 500C, and she definitely isn't waiting for an Abarth.

I feel much better letting her know she should pull the trigger on the car she wants. It is going to to be quite the contrast in their garage, as my dad drives a 2011 Ram 4x4 with a Hemi :)

you dont even need the spare then. flat tire. dad gets call. brings ram. throws 500 in back. takes to shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts