Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the mistake of letting my battery run out a couple of times. The first time I jump started it, it worked just fine but the second time, the battery would no longer hold the charge.
So, I ordered a new battery and installed it. After doing so, the car went completely dead (couldn’t even get the keys out of the ignition). We jump started the battery and the car started without problem. I let it run about 20 minutes, without issue, but when I tried to back the car out, it died within five seconds, right in my driveway.

I jump started the car, again, and it jump started fine. I let it run for almost an hour and decided to pull it back into the garage. It barely made it in before it completely died again. This time I noticed the engine light came on. The keys are still stuck in the ignition.

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
First the cars imobilizer kick in. That why you can’t remove the key. Is your alternator charging the battery. That probably you problem. You need to do a load test, while the car is running. If the charging system is preforming. You should be getting a reading of over 14 volts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.