Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a well maintained 2013 POP with some 78k miles on it some six months ago. Now that summer is here, I'm having problems switching the A/C mode off and on. Of course, I'm working on intuition as I don't have a manual.

It seems like the transition should be by pressing in on the air volume switch but this seldom works unless I try for some five minutes or so. So, what's the proper way to switch the A/C off and on? Or, do I need to have the switch replaced?

I've been pressing the knob in when the air velocity is on, and when it is off. Never works consistently. Sometimes doesn't work at all.

Any/All comments are appreciated.

With my regards,

Andy Fern
Virginia

·
Registered
66 Posts
On my 2012 POP, you just pushed the control to turn the A/C either on or off, and the control lit up when it was on. The problem was that in sunlight it was very difficult to tell whether or not the control was illuminated. Are you perhaps just not waiting long enough for a push to take effect?

Have you tried finding your owner's manual online? I was able to find the one for my 2016 Sport.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my 2012 POP, you just pushed the control to turn the A/C either on or off, and the control lit up when it was on. The problem was that in sunlight it was very difficult to tell whether or not the control was illuminated. Are you perhaps just not waiting long enough for a push to take effect?

Have you tried finding your owner's manual online? I was able to find the one for my 2016 Sport.
Thank you Bebeowner. I'll try to add a bit more patience. I'm normally fairly short of patience. This sounds like it might work.

Have a good day

·
Registered
37 Posts
The A/C indicator light is a poor design, indeed. My solution was to bypass the LED in the fan switch and wire a brighter indicator LED, inserted into the control panel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The A/C indicator light is a poor design, indeed. My solution was to bypass the LED in the fan switch and wire a brighter indicator LED, inserted into the control panel.
That sounds like a perfect solution. When I get a bit of time I'll see if I can copy your idea. In the meantime, I'm working on my patience. I'm able to stay cool in this summer weather - but it takes me a bit longer than I should.

Thanks CNQCNTO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts