Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! My name is Claudio and i recently bought my 2014 500 Pop. I am still unsure as to which route exactly i will take as far as modifications go, but i am strongly leaning towards making this car a 595 competizione, i also get a lot of questioning as to why i didnt choose a Abarth for this so here we go with the reasons lol:
1- Insurance prices for my city (Sacramento, CA) on the abarth are astronomical compared to the pop.
2- The abarth is already a satisfying car as i already drove one. I really like going for mods and i felt like i would be happy with the abarth the way it is. In other words i like going for the whole customization proccess and seeing the car growing stronger and "cuter" lol.

I also hope to find some people in my area who shares the same passion for our little cars!

Also if you want to i do have a instagram which is @Nothingbuta500

Cheers!

·
Registered
2013 fiat 500 pop
58 Posts
Very Nice car, I also just got me an 2013 fiat pop about a month ago, been driving an F250 for yrs, but I love this car first thing I did change plugs, coolant flush, and yesterday I order the Go Pedal from 500 Madness to help with the lag on the throttle response, oh my car does NOT like low grade fuel.. hope you enjoy your new toy

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hmmmm... you can do the 595 Competizione interior, exhaust and suspension mods, but it'll get REALLY expensive (and complex) swapping in a turbo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very Nice car, I also just got me an 2013 fiat pop about a month ago, been driving an F250 for yrs, but I love this car first thing I did change plugs, coolant flush, and yesterday I order the Go Pedal from 500 Madness to help with the lag on the throttle response, oh my car does NOT like low grade fuel.. hope you enjoy your new toy
I have the same feeling... when i fill it with low grade, the car feels really sloppy, otherwise its a champ 👌🏻

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm... you can do the 595 Competizione interior, exhaust and suspension mods, but it'll get REALLY expensive (and complex) swapping in a turbo.
That also went through my head. The thought of spending couple grands on a turbo scares me out a little... Buuuut, lets see

·
Registered
2013 fiat 500 pop
58 Posts
I have the same feeling... when i fill it with low grade, the car feels really sloppy, otherwise its a champ 👌🏻
No turbo 4 me, maybe a 500 madness cold intake later, but 4 now I'm happy. I should get my Go pedal in by Saturday, hoping to have time this weekend to install it, maybe exhaust later to love to hear a little Rumble back there🙂

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No turbo 4 me, maybe a 500 madness cold intake later, but 4 now I'm happy. I should get my Go pedal in by Saturday, hoping to have time this weekend to install it, maybe exhaust later to love to hear a little Rumble back there🙂
Today im going for some maintenance, gotta check out the A/O Separator. Clean it out, people say it makes a good difference.

·
Registered
2013 fiat 500 pop
58 Posts
Yes it does, I also change the PCV Valve. from auto zone part# PCV 1010DL or PCV 2390 from O'Reilly's, the dealer will try n sell you the whole [email protected] $60 - $80, this Valves are not 4 the fiat 500 but they r the same thing, make sure all your Vacuum hose are good n tight when going back in, or you will get a check engine light, oh yes replace the O-ring at the bottom of the oil box. good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts