Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 2014 500c roof recently got stuck and then a couple of the plastic pieces holding the crossbows in place broke as well as the small clip that keeps the bow members tight. The issue is that you have to buy the left and right side kits, $284 each (https://www.mymoparpart.com/p/Fiat_...lding-Top-Side-Right/42448783/68140794AA.html and https://www.mymoparpart.com/a/Fiat_2014_500C/42448783__7525683/Convertible-Top/i2304386.html) to get the couple of plastic parts that I need. I have found a couple videos on how to do the repair (it doesn't look fun) but I think I can do it. My questions are:
  • Has anyone here repaired their top on their own? Was it as much of nightmare as I think it might be?
  • Does anyone have any spare parts from a 500C top that they would be willing to sell? I can't find an individual part number but I need the plastic rail guides that fit into the crossmembers and I need one clip that holds the small straps together. In the pictures below I circled the crossmember guides and the clip that holds the straps together.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might check this yard. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pts/d/sun-valley-fiat-500-parts/7027581323.html

The tan roof looks like it could be a convert. The problem will be finding some willing to part with the pieces. There are a couple vids on Youtube that show how to do the job, that also have torn-apart converts. Maybe drop a line to one of those guys?
Thank you so much. I pinged the Youtube guys, Ebay places, and on Facebook and everyone says the same thing - parts only come in the full kit...I am going to check with the local Fiat dealer to see what they can do. Pretty rotten to make the parts with plastic and then not offer them as replacements. My son thinks he could 3D print the parts and I might have him give it a shot. Thank you again for the link.

·
Registered
980 Posts
If you can print parts, you'll be ahead of the game... maybe post the printer pattern when done? (I'm still trying to find a post cover for a arm rest delete.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve had the same issue, the plastic guides that hold the metal frame in place snapped off. All four of them. So I designed them and 3D printed them to work. I’m currently not selling them but would like to soon. Drop me a message if you’d be interested in buying a set at [email protected] p.s. a lot cheaper than buying the left and right sets from fiat themselves which cost 250£ a side. I’ve designed and printed pretty much all of the parts needed so far

·
Registered
2 Posts
this feels like too good to be true. I've just searched this forum for exactly this and there you are. How confident are you that the plastic you could print them in will do the job? There must be different grades of plastic that this involves. I'd be more than happy to test run your manufacture if you think they will do the job. Obviously I'd be happy to pay a reasonable sum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
this feels like too good to be true. I've just searched this forum for exactly this and there you are. How confident are you that the plastic you could print them in will do the job? There must be different grades of plastic that this involves. I'd be more than happy to test run your manufacture if you think they will do the job. Obviously I'd be happy to pay a reasonable sum.
I e done quite a bit of research into what type of plastic to print with. I’ve had test runs of pla, abs, Petg and many more. Out of all of them I chose Petg because it’s the most weather resistant, Uv resistant and not brittle. I’ll post a picture of some of the parts I’ve made in a second for you :) also I’ve gotthe best of my parts on my car right now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, does anyone know what this part is called? As this is the specific part I need to repair my roof and having trouble finding two of them.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, does anyone know what this part is called? As this is the specific part I need to repair my roof and having trouble finding two of them.

Thank you.

View attachment 109730
hi there,

that part would be called the ratchet engager. That part is responsible for unlocking the back end of the roof to be able to fold further down. I haven’t got that piece designed yet but will take me a couple of hours at most. If you’d be interested in buying a set please don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected]

kind regards
Damian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there guys,

There have been a couple people messaging my email asking for the parts and how to get them from me. For your comfort I’ve decided to list them on eBay :) here’s the link

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there guys,

There have been a couple people messaging my email asking for the parts and how to get them from me. For your comfort I’ve decided to list them on eBay :) here’s the link

I have the same issue!! The part that holds the bows on both sides (4) in total. I clicked your link but, someone already grabbed them up. I am extremely interested!! I will send you an email. My email is [email protected] so you will know I'm not spam. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi. I just went to eBay and see that the items are no longer listed. I did send you an email as I am interested in ordering four of them for my car. Can you reply to my email? I do hope you're still making them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
Can anyone tell me where I can find a tension strap clip and how to replace? I notice the broken clip was hanging just below the edge of the roof. The roof seems to be working fine although I will not test it!
Wood Grey Asphalt Automotive exterior Tints and shades

1 - 15 of 15 Posts