Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife’s fiat has been in the shop 4 times recently. They cannot get the check engine light to remain off nor can they find a cause. The car shuts off when at speed on the highway. No battery issues as I have seen in other post. Anyone else encountered and remedied??

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
My wife’s fiat has been in the shop 4 times recently. They cannot get the check engine light to remain off nor can they find a cause. The car shuts off when at speed on the highway. No battery issues as I have seen in other post. Anyone else encountered and remedied??
Hello Nhoward,
As the Customer Care Team, we do rely on the diagnosis of the dealer. If you still believe that there is a concern with your vehicle, we recommend visiting a second dealer for another opinion. In the event that you do visit another dealer, please let us know beforehand. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance
Laura
FiatCares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P2262. Dealer never told us the code and said they didnt know the cause. Friend of my step daughter came over and tested to get the code himself. Again only dying at speed on the highway. Thoughts?

·
Registered
163 Posts
OK, this is a boost issue. Here is the official description:
P2262 - FIAT Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Definition, Causes and Diagnosis

Basically, the PCM is not seeing the boost that is expected. The fact that your wife also feels the lack of power (at highway speeds you are usually around 6 lbs of boost) would indicate that you actually have a boost problem. This is difficult to troubleshoot, because as you state its been to a shop 4 times and a competent shop should have checked everything I'm going to recommend already.
1) Check for obvious large boost leak (disconnected / damaged hose / pipe / connection). Anything recently worked on or manipulated is very suspect. Whooshing or other strange noises at highway speed are important
2) Check intake is not clogged (filter, etc)
3) Check waste gate operation (Is it stuck open?)

After that it gets a lot more complex. Here are some useful links.

No power?

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Nhoward,
As the Customer Care Team, we do rely on the diagnosis of the dealer. If you still believe that there is a concern with your vehicle, we recommend visiting a second dealer for another opinion. In the event that you do visit another dealer, please let us know beforehand. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance
Laura
FiatCares
Care Team,
We have an appointment with Renton Jeep (Renton, WA) tomorrow for service, last name is Mailhot. Wendy is our assigned service person. As noted my step daughters friend checked the car and said it is a p2262 code. He’s the first person to tell us anything of substance. Hate that we keep spending money to have learned and or addressed nothing to resolve. Please escalate. Hoping a change in service centers helps. Appreciate your assistance.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Care Team,
We have an appointment with Renton Jeep (Renton, WA) tomorrow for service, last name is Mailhot. Wendy is our assigned service person. As noted my step daughters friend checked the car and said it is a p2262 code. He’s the first person to tell us anything of substance. Hate that we keep spending money to have learned and or addressed nothing to resolve. Please escalate. Hoping a change in service centers helps. Appreciate your assistance.
Hello Nhoward,
Thank you for touching base with me here. If you could please reach out to us privately with your VIN to get started with the escalation process.
Laura
FiatCares

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Kindly advise how to contact directly. Thank you.
Hello Nhoward,
If you click on our avatar, there is a "message" option and can reach out to us there. If you still have any confusion, please reach back out here.
Laura
FiatCares

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.