Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
FIAT 500 Cabriolet
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have two parts to pair up my blue&me one for my car and the other in my TomTom. Its not been in past. They won't pair together. My address book wants to download now every time I am in the car. I went to read the user guide and the manual online on TomTom site and it says there is a button on the steering wheel I didn't even know it was there. I have a Samsung S21 phone. I am not sure if it is a cell or car or tom-tom issue. I have been able to pair before. There is the exact same model car in my under ground parking and I wonder if that is part of the problem. We just had a Rogers network disaster and we were not able to use our phones use debit cards. Not sure if that didn't help either.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
I doubt it's the other car; you could eliminate that from the equation by trying to pair it in a different location.

Cellular network connectivity isn't required for Bluetooth pairing.

Did anything change around the time you first noticed the issue?

Are you using a cigarette-lighter plug type USB charger? For your phone, dash cam, etc.? Inexpensive USB chargers are notorious for generating wide-band RF interference. Try unplugging it if you're using one.

· Registered
FIAT 500 Cabriolet
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt it's the other car; you could eliminate that from the equation by trying to pair it in a different location.

Cellular network connectivity isn't required for Bluetooth pairing.

Did anything change around the time you first noticed the issue?

Are you using a cigarette-lighter plug type USB charger? For your phone, dash cam, etc.? Inexpensive USB chargers are notorious for generating wide-band RF interference. Try unplugging it if you're using one.
Not sure the change. I have had it seven years and it worked. Not using a cigarette lighter plug or USB for car that is not for my model. I charge with this on a lap top not in car.
Grey Art Tints and shades Wire fencing Wire

· Registered
FIAT 500 Cabriolet
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well was able to correct the problem with my car and tomtom with much reading, unpairing, pairing and trial and error. I did factory reset on my tomtom and updated my map and speed cameras. I messaged tomtom and they said we can still update the maps on the blue&me tomtom. I only have to add favorite locations. I first paired my tomtom and the car paired together. No more asking to load phone book everytime I get in the car and start it. I used the pairing on my steering wheel. I have never used the button on the underside of the wheel which aides a lot.

· Registered
14,464 Posts
Not sure the change. I have had it seven years and it worked. Not using a cigarette lighter plug or USB for car that is not for my model. I charge with this on a lap top not in car. View attachment 112702
That is the cord, to plug into the bottom of the dash mount Tom Tom. The USB end into you computer, to down load driving fuel economy Blue and Me. You can also charge your Tom Tom with that cord. Wall plug mounTed USB charger. There is a 12 volt adaptor top left.
you can charge the unit with. You can use the Tom Tom in other vehicles.

Font Gadget Camera accessory Communication Device Technology

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.