Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
I am a proud owner of a 2015 Fiat 500c. I have been doing a lot of research on how to safely and properly transport 2 adult bikes in my car. I've seen images of a hitch w/bike rack and a roof rack from user Richie Morris (see photo attached) but wanted to know if anyone has used a roof rack on a 500c? Richie, if you're reading this please share your insight. I saw a Thule rack on a Fiat 500 and 500c but have no idea if this is #1safe, #2 secure, #3 possible on a 500c. I really want to transport my bikes safely (without a hitch and without ruining my car) if at all possible. Please share your experiences. All suggestions welcome!

Also, if you're reading this, please share the model names and numbers of what rack(s) you suggest as I can seem to find this listed. Thank you kindly!

·
Registered
13,605 Posts
Can you open you convertible, with a bike rack on. I have a sunroof car, your type of roof rack, wouldn’t work, on my car. Wouldn’t be able to open my sunroof. My nephew has a rear trailer Hitch, with a bike rack Attach in the receiver hitch.

·
Registered
127 Posts
For a Convertible, I'd advise against the Roof Rack and go with the Hitch solution. The Convertible rails and mechanism are finicky enough as-is

1 - 3 of 3 Posts