Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum and a Fiat 500 owner and lover!!
I have a Fiat 500 Lounge (2016) and have had ongoing issues with the ESC unavailable warning and Hill Hold Control unavailable, this has basically been happening from day 1 and no one has been able to fix the issue. The O2 part was replaced and still did not fix the issue. Now I am having major issues with going into gear. When trying to put the car into reverse the is a loud "Clunck" and then the car stalls. If I then try to put the car into gear it won't move out of neutral. I love my Fiat 500 regardless but would like to know if there is a known issue or anyone else has had the same problems. I have been unable to sell the car because and am having little luck with any of the service centres.

·
Registered
911 Posts
How old is the battery? Have you had a load test done?

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
Welcome to the forum here. Sounds like you have a lot of issues. Have you ran your car, by any mechanic. To pull some engine management codes? What codes.

Is your 500 equipped, with the Dualogic transmission? You might have to, run your car by a actual Fiat service department.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum here. Sounds like you have a lot of issues. Have you ran your car, by any mechanic. To pull some engine management codes? What codes.

Is your 500 equipped, with the Dualogic transmission? You might have to, run your car by a actual Fiat service department.
Yes it is Dualogic transmisstion. At the lastest service they told me the issue was with the Transmission Hydro Unit. My car is only 5 years old and had constant issues from day one, does this sound right?

·
Registered
911 Posts
How old? 5 years old? You need a load test. Was that the test? Battery voltage doesn’t tell the story.

If you had constant issues since day one these should have been covered by the warranty. That’s assuming you’ve been following scheduled maintenance from the owner’s manual.

Reactions: littlelove70

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Fiat 500 Lounge (2016) and have had ongoing issues with the ESC unavailable warning and Hill Hold Control unavailable, this has basically been happening from day 1 and no one has been able to fix the issue. The O2 part was replaced and still did not fix the issue. Now I am having major issues with going into gear. When trying to put the car into reverse the is a loud "Clunck" and then the car stalls. If I then try to put the car into gear it won't move out of neutral. I love my Fiat 500 regardless but would like to know if there is a known issue or anyone else has had the same problems. I have been unable to sell the car because and am having little luck with any of the service centres.

Dear friend, I know this topic perfectly, because I have the same problem at this moment. I did everything, I tried everything, I checked all the fuses, I disconnected the battery, however the problem persisted. I took it to the dealership and they checked all the electronic system and found the fault: THE BRAKE STOP SWITCH located above the brake pedal... is to blame for everything. you can buy just these piece, you don't have to go precisely to the workshop because you could change it yourself ... and that's it. Problem solved. Believe... all the issue is in this electric piece.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dear friend, I know this topic perfectly, because I have the same problem at this moment. I did everything, I tried everything, I checked all the fuses, I disconnected the battery, however the problem persisted. I took it to the dealership and they checked all the electronic system and found the fault: THE BRAKE STOP SWITCH located above the brake pedal... is to blame for everything. you can buy just these piece, you don't have to go precisely to the workshop because you could change it yourself ... and that's it. Problem solved. Believe... all the issue is in this electric piece.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got rid of my 2016 Fiat Sport. Radio controls dashboard, odometer flashing and it's draining the battery. I've never heard of anything so strange. That little car is a piece of 💩. I got rid of it. Dealers don't want to sell Fiat anymore. Trade the car in.Nothing but a headache.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2012 Sport. The scanner I own told me the right front abs wire was faulty. $18 later all that stuff worked.
Doug Bruce

·
Registered
2013 Pop, manual, Abarth springs, kyb gas a just rear, zonker short shot air filter, Sprint booster
207 Posts
The durologic, like dct, is damaged easily. It is kinda like a manual transmission inside. A manual transmission and it's clutch can be worn prematurity or damaged if driven roughly or poorly. Unfortunately, these "automatics" must also be driven "like" a manual. It's a strange concept, especially.for north americans. But in Europe, many more are familiar with manual operation and know or figure out robotized and dual clutch transmission work and operate similarly. For instance, you can't shift from 1st to reverse quickly and must come to complete stop. There is a delay. And if try to rush and push gas pedal, the engine can increase rpm and then the transmission tries to shift and let out clutch. Also when creeping, the clutch is slipping the entire time. Or from standstill, mashing the gas pedal quickly may not give it time to sort itself. First time I drove early and some dcts and the durologic, I thought was trash and didn't work properly. But after using and getting used to it, I began to much prefer. And the change hownI drove it made huge difference how it performed and operated.

The manufacturers don't want to confuse people who buy automatic. Automatics are supposed to be easier to use and less effort. If they discover it is and it isn't, they may choose elsewhere. Just like buying a manual, the manufacturer usually keeps quiet about how to operate it. This is not the case for everyone but it is the majority. Now once people buy them, they either figure out how to operate, or don't.

Yes, FCA could make better decisions regarding consumer headaches, but to some extent, same with other European mfcs. Some of the German models are incredibly notorious but don't seem to get the same negative attention - possibly due to their upper class perception, whereas Fiat is a more price conscious, less status, more workperson's type transportation. The luxury buyer likely isn't going to shout out how stupid they are to own such a vehicle and likely have more pride in prestige and status their vehicle symbolizes.

I am sure there are lots of people who bought and own certain German cars who question their decision after finding themselves on side of road in new car. But they are probably just a bit less of the type to go around how stupid they are for their purchase and financial decisions - they tend to have more at stake in showing others how successful, smart and how good they are at what they do.

·
Registered
911 Posts
A friend's 911 Porsche Carrera Convertible had the trans go out just out of warranty at 36,000 miles. Normal driving. Babied. He'll be waiting six months to get a new one and about $20,000. I think the Fiat is quite reliable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts