Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The squishy rubber latch release and all of its parts fell out onto my driveway when I shut the rear hatch a few days ago. (I’m sure I lost more than that out on the streets) As expected, the hatch door will no longer open from the outside. However, what I didn’t expect is that the safety latch on the interior would not open it either? What kind of safety measure is that?! (say for someone who has kidnapped me and shoved me in the hatch area, I’m TOTALLY screwed!)

Seriously though, I am a Lyft/Uber driver so this REALLY affects my airport pickups as well as any grocery shopping and I fear it’s going to cost me a small fortune to replace it with the warranty being expired. I haven’t been able to reach anyone in our one and only Fiat Svc Center here in my city (due to this virus shutdown-your-life crap!) so can someone give me an idea of what this is going to cost & until I can get that done - a temporary fix? (Of getting the latch door open, not how to shove suitcases from the rear passenger seat - I’m already well versed there!)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts